MFC-6030 very old motorola regulator IC

Hi All,

I am repairing a very old 2way radio and I am looking for a Motorola MFC-6030 regulator IC, (there is nothing at ON-Semi of course).

Help

  1. I am looking for the data sheet for the MFC-6030

  1. I am looking to purchase 1~10pcs at moderate cost

  2. I am looking for suggested replacements with the same pin out,

(eg I think the MFC-6030A MFC-6034 are such replacement)

Any pointers to where I might be able to get these would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance Joe

Reply to
Joey.G

"Joey.G" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@13g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

Surprisingly, I have the MFC6030A datasheet in an old Motorola catalog...

  1. gnd
  2. unreg input (38V max, much less for 6034)
  3. output (35V max)
  4. current sense (200 mA max)
  5. compensation? .001uf to gnd
  6. voltage sense across divider resistors, Vref?

--Damon

Reply to
Damon Hill

I strongly suggest tat you drop the idea of "pin-out" replacement and/or buying such an obsolete part - unless you like $$pending a LOT of money. Use a superior regulator still in production: the UA723 (takes a lot less parts).

Reply to
Robert Baer

Nosing around some ham-radio sites seems to suggest an LM317 as a reliable/stable/economic replacement. ...Jim Thompson

          Democrats are best served up prepared as a hash
           Otherwise the dogs will refuse to eat them :)

I can do one or two of MFC6030A, if you're stuck.

remove nospam

RL

Reply to
legg

Yeah, but there's nothing like a bit of authenticity in some of these lovely old things. Might not even weigh a ton, or have lost all of its plastic bits, if it's the right vintage.

In those days, not just anyone took the leap of faith, with that particular series of parts.

RL

Reply to
legg

Hi RL,

Yes... let me know the cost etc (I'm located in Australia)

You can contact my email address snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

PS... I will be out of email arrange for 3 days.

Regs Joey

Reply to
Joey.G