Motorola 365 Transistor

Does anybody have any data for a Motorola branded transistor in a metal TO18 can with just the Motorola logo and 365/026 marked on it and "KOREA" stamped in the top.  Google provides plenty of hits but no help.  Every man and his dog seem to be trying to sell them though !

I've also found a couple of very interesting Ferranti IC's that I can't identify, but they will have to wait whilst I can photograph them.

Thanks in advance.

--
Best Regards:
                     Baron.

It sounds like a house number. Somebody ordered a few million or so, marked with their proprietary house number, and either the product died or the company went belly-up, ergo, millions of overstock.

I'd guess it's either a 2N2222/3904/4401 sub, or some exotic thing. Can you get one and run its curves, etc?

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Rich Grise Inscribed thus:

Hi Rich, Thanks for your suggestions. At the moment I don't have access to the test gear to be able to do that. This transistor, there is about a 100 of them, is part of a very large consignment of semiconductors that I acquired as part of an auction lot a few years ago. I'm only now getting round to examining them. There are several hundred VN46A power fets as well as things like PUT's & UJT's in there. It would be nice to know what these devices are.

I really must make an effort to photograph those "Ferranti" IC's.

--
Best Regards:
                     Baron.

All you need is a multimeter. That's enough to know if it's NPN, PNP, something else, silicon or germanium.

Knowing those things plus the case style info you already have will ease your search enormously.

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

James Arthur wrote

Hfe can be measured with a VOM (Multimeter). Can leakage current be measured with a Multimeter also?

Stashes of parts like that are commonly off spec rejects, too.

Then again, the venerable and historic CK 722's were actually off spec parts reclassified to fit their specs.

I inherited some of the blue ones when I was 10.

Back when there still was a hobby parts market, off spec transistors, SCR's etc flooded the market.

Reply to
Greegor

:
,

It's easier to measure V(be). That tells you Si or Ge.

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com Inscribed thus:

OK ! Got the AVO out... Silicon PNP EBC pinout. I still don't know if its LF, RF etc. Yes I can measure the Hfe but I haven't tried... Yet ! I suppose I ought to start and catalogue them...

--
Best Regards:
                Baron.

That's a good start.

=3Dmoz35

An old set of Motorola's dark-green Semiconductor Databooks would tell you every transistor they ever made around that time, . I bet it's not that many.

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Measuring inverse beta will tell you if it's gold-doped (high speed switcher) Measuring saturation voltage at moderate current levels will give a clue as to device area. Checking breakdown voltage too...

-f

Reply to
cassiope

Sure, and a variable power supply and series resistor. But you've got to have a pretty sensitive current range - leakage is probably in the microamp or less range.

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise