Most interesting recent products / improvements?

Not surprising. I'm not impressed by the compliance folks. OTOH, I wouldn't do that job.

I meant for business use. I always had to plan my purchases at least a year in advance. Sometimes the plans were only placeholders, but our planning cycle was three and five years.

It does, and yes, it does. How about a 12/24V transformer? ;-)

Reply to
krw

Oh, they did their job alright. The manufacturer had cut some corner and that did them in.

Sure, but even there tax laws, accounting rules and such apply. Sometimes a purchase must be made after a certain date or before a certain date.

Seriously, 240V transformers can work here but only if the power consumption is miniscule.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Power supply voltages crowding 1 V at many A.

Much stronger concern for power dissipation.

Reply to
JosephKK

finer=20

prototype=20

but in

laser

formats,

downloaded

instead

=20

=20

faster and

=20

:-)

The market for that seems to be far better than i had guessed. Perhaps this is the beginning (well at least rising slope) of hobbyists round

4.
Reply to
JosephKK

Concern? Why?

The synchronous buck has been invented ...

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

And how!

ftp://jjlarkin.lmi.net/SwitcherRise.JPG

LM3102. Beautiful, classic step-recovery diode sequence. I suspect the risetime was actually scope+probe limited.

This freaks out opamps clear on the other side of the board. I don't even want to think about the EMI situation.

John

That is beautiful.

With Sutro Tower being that close I guess nobody would even notice ;-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Yeah, but I chickened out and ours will go to a contract assembler :-)

For hobbyists this is fine but in business it costs far too much time.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

finer=20

prototype=20

but in

laser

formats,

downloaded

nearly

instead

two=20

Mostly I=20

faster and

have=20

stuff.

:-)

Perzactly.

--=20 Transmitted with recycled bits. Damnly my frank, I don't give a dear

----------

Reply to
JosephKK

finer=20

prototype=20

but in

laser

formats,

downloaded

nearly

instead

two=20

Mostly I=20

faster and

have=20

stuff.

:-)

=46or a prototype it might be useful, i wouldn't dare use it for real production. But this product is targeted at hobbyists. Which in a sense was really the point, cheap reflow for hobbyists.

Reply to
JosephKK

are

Supposively Maxim has changed their policy about 1 year ago. Will now use subdealers which makes it possible for the small buyers to get their parts and much more aware of their clients. But, is this true. Any one with fresh experiences?

Regards

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus Kragelund

are

One of my litmus tests is Digikey. I just did it again, selected the category "Voltage Regulators - Switching DC DC Converters & Controllers" and then only Maxim. PWM chips is most of the Maxim stuff I have designed out for clients.

Without clicking the "in stock" box: 1199 hits. After clicking the "in stock" box: Poof ... down to 165.

They have promised so many times that it gets better and then it didn't, so I really don't believe them anymore. I think it takes more than a policy change, it takes upper management changes at Maxim.

In the end Digikey is similar to Walmart. If they don't have someting in stock then, for the vast masses, de facto it doesn't exist :-)