some new PCIe products

most PCIe PHY datasheets are still under NDA, but Marco Groeneveld has already made freely available the schematic of the SENDERO board that includes the PX1011A chip with its connection - downloadable from

and PLX tech just announced PCIe to generic local bus bridge PEX8311, it looks like having 4 GPIOs so those could be used to bootstrap FPGA ?

Antti

Reply to
Antti Lukats

Hi Antti Lukats,

Actually, I just got word that the Sendero board passed the PCI Plugfest in the US with flying colours this week, with an 85% score, and that the motherboards on which it didn't work well had problems with most other x1 cards too.

Ready-made Sendero boards can be ordered from Sascoholz and other Arrow subsidiaries.

Best regards,

Ben

Reply to
Ben Twijnstra

"Ben Twijnstra" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:cfaf2$43992f17$d52e23a9$ snipped-for-privacy@news.chello.nl...

Hi Ben,

thats another Altera FPGA Based PCIe board passing plugfest then! I was reading the Sendero stuff and they only say "PCIe physical interface" tested so I assumed it was actually not tested in full. Real cool nice board !

it really seems that Xilinx is behind with PCIe, Stratix-GX passed plugfest looong time ago. And the promised Spartan3E+PhilipsPHY solution well havent seen much pictures of such boards yet. (except the northwest board that can use different phys). There was some notice on Xilinx web that they have it working also (with PX1011) but where are the boards for Spartan3+PX1011 evaluation? I had the impression Avnet was targetting to have them ready by July (this YEAR!) - but nothing there. Ah ok it was possible delayed as the board was supposed to be S3e based. And I guess the Philips PHY delayed also it still says only samples available and DS under NDA.

So for those who want lowcost PCIe today its Cyclone-II + PX1011A Go! (or Lattice, they also just advertized low cost PCIe stuff)

Antti

Reply to
Antti Lukats

I ran across this one. Not exactly cheap.

Jeff Cunningham

possible the only one ever made is offered for sales.

another sub 1000USD PCIe board

Antti

Reply to
Antti Lukats