Mobile Phone question

When my mobile phone is in a strong magnetic field the coverage goes dead - why?

Reply to
HardySpicer

Because you're Hardy Spicer, and the Universe is out to get you.

Hope This Helps! Rich

Reply to
Rich the Cynic

Like neutron-star strong? MRI strong? Fridge magnet?

Reply to
a7yvm109gf5d1

If there's an LC tuned circuit anywhere in the signal-processing chain, your magneitc field might be high enough to saturate the core of the inductor and throw the resonant frequency way off.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
bill.sloman

LC went out with the ark. Filters are ceramic.

Reply to
HardySpicer

That still leaves ferrite beads - or rather ferrite chip inductors -; they won't do their job anything like as well if the ferrite is saturated.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
bill.sloman

How do you know this? Describe the location? Describe the field?

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"©

gmail

googlegroups

muddy ;-)

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

well, he can check his signal strength symbol on the screen.

Bermuda Triangle;

water waves

so long nimo _________

All professions are conspiracies against laymen.

George Bernard Shaw

Reply to
Nimo