MIT Radiation Lab series on CD-ROM?

That's usually the best response to hot potatoes... offer nothing additional to cause it to blow all out of proportion.

Not like Bill, "I did not have sex with THAT woman." Not that I care... I was rather amused that Bill got a blow-job from a bimbo ;-)

I read the whole article. It struck me as too well constructed... like the National Guard letter... mix some well-known innocuous facts with some garbage to give the semblance of authenticity to the whole thing.

...Jim Thompson

As was shown in the 90s, lying to congress (which is what these allegations amount to) is considered an impeachable offense.

The kneejerk response from JT about Clinton seems to be a common one whenever Bush is questioned. The fact that Clinton was a womanizer and an asshole to his wife and daughter was really a private matter, and his crimes were, frankly, trivial when compared to misrepresenting the situation in Iraq in order to force a war that has already cost over 20 thousand civilian lives, and almost $200 billion.

GHW Bush is buddies with Bill. "I like him" he was quoted as saying. Barbera Bush called him their "New Son" in a speech. It's wierd, but I think the Bushies may have gotten over their Clinton bashing.

--
Regards,
  Bob Monsen

You need to learn to read more carefully. I was citing Clinton's comment as the way NOT to respond to loaded questions, not criticizing him for being a womanizer... hell, my favorite President, after Truman, was Kennedy.

Agreed.

Come on, now, stop spouting lame leftist weenie crap. If your a pacifist (aka coward of the county :), just say so, rather than blaming someone else for your discomfort.

And learn how to spell... that's a weird "wierd" ;-)

...Jim Thompson

To a person with his head in the sand, it would appear to be "too well constructed." To those of us who were watching at the time with jaw agape, it completely fits the rest of the facts we saw. If it hasn't been already, it will soon be proved to be completely true. What will your be attitude then, given your proclivity now to reject it as a blatantly, presumably badly-damaging, falsehood?

Evidently you didn't watch Dan Rather's interview with the woman who was the admin assistant who would have typed the memo. While she claimed she didn't type that "specific memo," she said she DID type one for her boss that contained the same facts and conclusions re Bush, that everything in the memo was true from her knowledge at the time, and represented his often-stated angry opinion about Bush. She only objected to certain phrases or constructions she said she wouldn't have typed. As I watched her say this, it seemed to me she was hesitant and could be mistaken in her turn-of-the-phrase-memory. Perhaps she was accurate in saying that she didn't edit and type the specific document that was handed to her to examine.

Yet as far as Bush was concerned the reporting was correct. Although it's claimed someone re-created the specific memo Rather initially reported on, it was in fact an accurate copy of a real missing memo. Somebody took advantage of Rather in getting that memo's information out, but the fact of the matter is the information was accurate and correct. If you can't see what a wuss Bush actually is... Sheesh!

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Grammar correction, substitute "you're" for "your" in the line below :-(

[snip]

...Jim Thompson

Jim, I'm still trying to learn, were you ever actually prevented from voting in Massachusetts because of an unpaid "poll tax"?

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Be a Dan Rather lover all you want, but that doesn't change the fact that he's a bold-faced leftist weenie AND a LIAR. In case you haven't noticed... he was CANNED.

...Jim Thompson

I'm not a Dan Rather lover, and I don't care if he was canned, except to note the far-right-types loved it - potentially a bad sign - but I DO care about the facts about Bush, what the woman was saying and what I was paying attention to. And which you choose *not* to address. She was the admin for Bush's military boss for Pete's sake. Doesn't that mean anything to you?

BTW, I notice the hour, aren't you supposed to have supper with the wife and quiet time after, not on the computer (it's much later here)?

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

So, we should get mad and demand removal from office when high-level politicians wag their finger at us and state something that's absolutely not true?

John

Our leader LIES to us about something REALLY IMPORTANT and we complain and you call that "toothless dogs yapping?" Believe me, given this sorry scene, we're working on the teeth aspect.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Of course not. Why would anyone in their "right" mind want to vote in Massachusetts ?:-)

That wasn't the point. Cambridge wanted to impose a tax on me that I REFUSED to pay. (Not casually, I went to City Hall and told them to go f..k themselves. They didn't take kindly to that :-) So they issued a warrant authorizing the Sheriff of Middlesex to seize ALL my property, for failure to pay property tax. Their stupidity is unparalleled to this day.

Actually I never voted in West Virginia either... who the f..k would want to cast a vote for Byrd? (He was elected to the Senate the same year I graduated from High School... 1958, and has been there ever since.)

Last year I wrote a letter-to-the-editor of the Huntington Herald Dispatch suggesting they should toss his ass. Amusingly, the same day, my father wrote a similar letter, no synchronization between the two of us, other than, maybe, telepathy :-)

My first vote was in Arizona when I was 22 years old.

Remember, voting age was 21 back then.

I've never missed voting in an election ever since. In 1964, when I was 24, I voted for Goldwater.

But I didn't vote for Nixon... what a scumbag!

I've always voted the man, not the party. But both Gore and Kerry are first-class losers, so the choice was easy.

...Jim Thompson

[snip]

She was, to me, just about SENILE. But I guess you see what you want to see.

"N" is at a Girl Scout Leader's meeting, which is why I'm still lurking. With her Girl Scout and other charitable activities, she is probably busier than I am. 'cept she has me conned into helping her do art work and such for her adult volunteer's awards banquet coming up in two weeks.

I even bought a Stika sign cutter (for creating stencils) and a sand-blast cabinet for glass "etching" to create the awards.

I think I can use the Stika to make PCB patterns, thus I can write it off ;-)

...Jim Thompson

I've never known a Demoncrat with teeth ;-)

...Jim Thompson

OK, that's NOT a poll tax by my understanding, although I recognize its use that way. That's an eye-opening story, probably a classic example of old-time Cambridge townies out to get an MIT student, really a travesty, something I mostly escaped but would like to learn more about.

I was arrested in Belmont for "driving without a license" and taken to the station holding tank, because the cop refused to recognize my California driver's license. The judge threw it out of court and freed me. But I soon saw the need for a Massachusetts license to avoid harassment. They loved giving the students a bad time. Stupid really, given the huge cash cow students are for the city.

[ snip other stuff ]

Admirable.

Too bad you can't recognize the same "quality" glaring in GWB.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Sorry, perhaps I misinterpreted your remarks. I thought it was the standard kneejerk.

I'm not a pacifist. I'm all for protecting our country. However, Bush's vanity war in Iraq has made us far less secure. There was *never* a threat from Iraq. We can't keep the real threats like Iran and North Korea in line, or indeed bring in the guys who pulled off 9/11 to justice, because all our cash and effort is expended fighting an insurgency in a country that posed absolutely no threat to us.

Also, you may not know this, but you seem to think like a Democrat in many ways. You apparently believe that religion has no place in government. You believe that we should have a strong, well funded military. You believe in fiscal responsibility and restraint for those in government. You believe that government should stay out of personal matters. Hell you probably support the recent proposal by Bush on social security. Most democrats also believe these things. The social security proposal Bush is currently pushing as an effort to save face was first proposed by a Democrat in (horrors) Massachusetts! If you think about it, the current Democrats are closer to, say, Reagan or Nixon, or even Goldwater, than the current Republicans. The current Republicans are no longer conservatives. They are radicals, they have a mission, and their mission is apparently more important to them than mundane things like ethics or honesty. How can you support that?

Why not just give in to your inner leftist weenie?

"i before e, except after w"?... I'll learn how to spell when you learn the difference between your and you're. ;-)

--
Regards,
  Bob Monsen

Lesser evil ;-)

...Jim Thompson

I think DPRK is going to be a big problem much sooner than that.

Reply to
Richard Henry

Except that no one who has any knowledge of the facts is disputing it.

Reply to
Richard Henry

I thought at the time that his best reponse would have been "None of your business".

Reply to
Richard Henry

As long as the voters think that the solution to a (Democrat, Republican, pick one) asshole is a (Republican, Democrat, pick one), we will be electing no better than the second best candidate.

Reply to
Richard Henry