Michael F. Parlamis, RIP

Michael F. Parlamis, RIP (October 6, 2013, long-time MIT buddy) Michael F. Parlamis was a Professional Engineer and expert on the New York City building code. Michael presided over the family's restaurant contracting business, expanding it into restaurant ownership, notably Axia Taverna.

A man of boundless charity, he was a leader in his own community and a bridge to other communities. Michael was honored, like his father, as an Archon of the Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople.

He received the Ellis Island Medal of Honor, celebrating immigrant achievement and was a member of Leadership 100, stewards of the Greek Orthodox Church. A more complete obituary may be found on the MIT 1962 Web site. ...Jim Thompson

Sorry for your loss.

Reply to
RobertMacy

Thanks! He was a great friend! ...Jim Thompson

-- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: Contacts Only | | | Voice:(480)460-2350 Fax: Available upon request | Brass Rat | | E-mail Icon at

my sympathies.

Curious to know if you ever discussed with him about \NYC Building codes as to which if any were inadequate on 9/11 and if so which were relevant to t he new tower. I am of the opinion that the building code was adequate for all 3 Towers and forensic evidence is abundant.

Reply to
Anthony Stewart