Men's Bible Study, Saturday Jan 26--David and Saul AT THE LAB

Hi, Bros,

(Hmm. High brows? Hebrews? Some of each! A bit early for brews brews, of course, but it's 5 o'clock somewhere, and as the old saying goes, "If you're going to drink all day, you gotta start in the morning." Sorry, the cruise hasn't quite worn off.)

Well, yes, yours truly is just off the boat from the Bahamas. We went to the 1 PM Eucharist at the Anglican Cathedral in Nassau on Monday, which was great--just the priest in his robes, Mo and me in shorts, and one Bahamian parishioner in a suit. It was the Feast of St. Agnes, which was different since the Province of the West Indies has their own prayer book. Modernish language like Rite 2, but without a lot of the politically correct stuff. (St. Agnes was pretty cool, ycliu.)

In our series on beginnings, we'll take a brief look at the life of Kings Saul and David, and the seeds of the Davidic monarchy.

Scripture: 1 Samuel 8:4-22, 9:27-10:9, 12:7-15, 13:7b-13:14, 15:35-16:13

(The calling of Saul, God's promise to him; his unfaithfulness, leading to God's abandoning him for David.)

Next week perhaps we'll look more at the life of David as a type of Christ, and how he could be "a man after God's heart" while falling into such depths of sin.

So come one, come all, to THE LAB:

7:30 AM, Saturday January 26th, 2013

160 North State Road, #203, Briarcliff

(Up the stairs on the east end of the building, facing Dunn Lane).

See you there!

Cheers

Phil

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510 USA
+1 845 480 2058

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

You went to church in your SHORTS?!?!?!

Phil -- I'd love to be there, but it's a bit too long of a drive. I hope that you'll hold me excused.

And -- perhaps you want to send a copy to the intended email recipients?

http://www.wescottdesign.com
Reply to
Tim Wescott

Yes, well, um. Trying to do too many things at once, or maybe the Holy Spirit. ;)

Do drop in any Saturday you're in town, though!

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510 USA
+1 845 480 2058

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs
[...]

Not the boxer shorts I guess :-)

Actually, for weekday services some guys even show up in (regular) shorts at our Lutheran church. I couldn't yet bring myself to do that but did go to many evening classes there in shorts.

Maybe some day. Or maybe I need a cruise first.

[...]
--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

You're not old enough yet ;-) ...Jim Thompson

I could tell a story there ... but not in public ...

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Sounds like someone down there hit you with that borrachero tree scopolamine dust...

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

We didn't know we were going to be in time for the Eucharist, but when we saw it was in, like, 15 minutes, we stayed. Good news all round.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510 USA
+1 845 480 2058

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

15:35-16:13

You're full of surprises. Had to miss it.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk