Medical Prescription meter

Hi all,

I got the project of medical prescription meter for Doctors.

Basically it has all the Drug information about all diseases in its database. As normally the doctor's signature are not easy to understand... he can take a printout of drug information and give it to patience. It has the touch pad for easy usage.

Can any one help me out by providing the block diagram of the model please?

Regards Mohan.

Reply to
jayamohanster

Try searching on "expert systems". There was quite a lot of enthusiasm about this approach back in the 1980's, but it seems to have gone the way of all the other Artificial Intelligence/Computer Science fads, thugh there does seem to be some residual activity

Your device won't be any use until the doctor has diagnosed the disease

- which isn't easy. Knowing the 63 possible causes of pain in the chest (not a complete list, of course) is just the first stage of working out which drug (if any) to prescribe to releive the pain or cure the condition.

And if you use Google to search on information about any specific medical condition, you will learn that there is a lot of information out there, aimed at widely different levels of comprehension, which your medical prescription meter is presumably going to have to deal with.

------------------- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
bill.sloman

Ooooh- nice fantasy. Let's see here, you expect that once you finally get a degree proving successful completion of your dilute and near worthless curriculum at the diploma mill you attend, the whole world will just drop dead to bring *you* little simple-minded work assignments, all of which require no more than a simple-minded application of some type of algorithm you look up, and for which you are paid a very handsome compensation, enabling you to get on with the real business of your life which is too deck yourself out with latest computer games, home entertainment centers, transportation and an endless array of other status symbols for the effete and over materialized parasitic elite? Sure, we would only be too glad to take time out and do what's ever necessary to make such a quality and class-act person such as yourself a success.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

Nope. But I can help if you pay me a consultants fee.

Reply to
The Real Andy

[snip]

I think the pharmacists are way ahead of the GP's.

I am seriously allergic to anything that is Sulfonamide-derived, like sulfa drugs, and wines with excessive sulfite additives.

So when my GP prescribed a diuretic for my blood pressure, HCTZ, the drug store (Walgreen's) computer caught the problem immediately... the pharmacist called me to say that he had called my GP and the GP had withdrawn the prescription.

...Jim Thompson

I am not sure why you want to do this, but I guess you know that all chemists use a similar application these days for filling prescriptions - I think it also warns of possible drug interactions.

Also most GPs provide computer generated scripts these days - avoids the poor handwriting errors, and the application has an extensive data base with info such as suggested dosage etc

There is also a free download for Palm PDAs which contains info on most drugs, suggested dosage rates, interactions, and other info such as side effects warnings etc

Perhaps one of these applications would suit your needs

David

" snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com" wrote:

Reply to
quietguy