Medical ultrasound

Hello,

We are studing the viability of develop an ultrasound equipment for medical ecography applications, using low cost components.

The equipment will have modest targets: 3.5 MHz, resolution of 4 bits, ...

The first impressions (?) are that more or less all the main components (screen, image processing, A/D, preamplifier, ... ) are not key problems, taken into account the frequencies, amounts of data, ... to be handled. The big exception seems to be the actuator/sensor to be used in the probe (a PZT array ?).

It has been imposible to find any company who sales this kind of elements. The most near we have found is a non-array 2x2 cm block of

3.5 Mhz PZTs (at
section products). But it is not an array, thus, the screening should be mechanical (?).

Please, has someone some advice, or pointer? State of art, providers, ... any thing is welcome.

Thanks a lot.

PS: Of course, another history is to obtain the quality certifications, ...

Reply to
tmp123

Next time I suggest to try Google first:

That brings up many of the suppliers.

If you just want one or two be prepared to shell out some serious money. BTW, most ultrasound manufacturers build their own transducer arrays and that fabrication procedure is a closely guarded secret. They won't tell you.

Huh?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

aka

*-ADDITIONS+I-*-left-out-the+*-equal-sign-followed-*-an-ampersand+zz-zz+*-*-*-null+editing-Google-URLs+*-*-obfuscated+CONVERT-links-to-INCLUDE-* (*ALL* the "parameters" (excluding the search terms) are, in fact, useless.)

Reply to
JeffM

Hello Jeff,

*-ADDITIONS+I-*-left-out-the+*-equal-sign-followed-*-an-ampersand+zz-zz+*-*-*-null+editing-Google-URLs+*-*-obfuscated+CONVERT-links-to-INCLUDE-*

Thanks. I had just copied the link from the browser command line.

Interesting, I didn't know that usenet even had a dance group. My wife and I did ballroom dancing for a long time.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

*-ADDITIONS+I-*-left-out-the+*-equal-sign-followed-*-an-ampersand+zz-zz+*-*-*-null+editing-Google-URLs+*-*-obfuscated+CONVERT-links-to-INCLUDE-*

What planet have you been living on for the last 10 or 20 years?

Pick a topic - heck, make something _up_ - and there's a NG for it. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Hello Rich,

Well, yeah, but most of the time I found a newsgroup it turned out it's nearly dead or dormant. Even popular topics such as home repair have NGs but nothing that comes even close to s.e.d. There I found better forums such as plumbing groups on regular web sites.