Meanwell OEMs for Astrodyne?

Does Meanwell actually make some 600W power supplies for Astrodyne, or is the uncanny resemblance in appearance and specifications (at leaset on data sheets) due to other considerations?

Eg. PSP600-27

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

I am in the market for a 15W supply (for a client) and during my research I found a surprising similarity between models of different manufacturers in different countries. All the way down to the layout and capacitor brands. Of course, that raises the suspicion that ...

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

It might have gotten to the point where these companies have RIFd their engineers and gone to Chinese ODMs.

Reply to
miso

Their Asian (China and Taiwan) ISO certificates refer to design and sales only. Maybe they never did any manufacturing.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

So far as I've been told Meanwell oems all the Astrodyne supplies. You can buy the Astrodyne brand from Jameco and others, or the same things with Meanwell labels from mouser (or digikey?).

--

----- Regards, Carl Ijames

Reply to
Carl Ijames

I've confirmed that they come out of Meanwell. Kind of a hefty price difference. 8-( Maybe there is some advantage for some types like the medical supplies.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Meanwell produces UL/cUL 60601-1 (meadical) versions: