LT Spice diode C-V graph

Sure, that sounds good.

Precision electronic instrumentation

Get a nice Y5V. Capacitance ratio as high as 14:1. Voltage rating up to

15kv.

Probably the most unstable capacitor available. High drift with temperature and time. Microphonic.

See Page 20, 22 of

Steve Wilson

Other than being unstable with voltage, temperature, vibration, and time, they're perfect. ;-)

Reply to
krw

That's easy. Start with an electrostatic voltmeter. Put extra capacitor vanes onto the shaft instead of a pointer. It's a hard thing to arrange in solid state, though.

Reply to
whit3rd

Yum, just what I want!

Precision electronic instrumentation

Surprised me too, but not sure where LTspice would put the results.

From memory PSpice .PRINT statement puts the column as text into the end of all the quiescent data. so have to go through and separate it there. At least LTspice let's you save the list AFTER the analysis and puts only the requested data into a file. Seems like more a matter of preference.

Reply to
RobertMacy

from my old PSpice .LIB not later than 92, possibly before .MODEL D1N914 D(IS=0.1P RS=16 CJO=2P TT=12N BV=100 IBV=0.1P) .MODEL D1N914A D(IS=0.1P RS=4 CJO=2P TT=12N BV=100 IBV=0.1P)

isn't that 'initial' CJO like with zero volts across the junction? arrrggg! can't remember anything about diode models tonight.

Reply to
RobertMacy

uh, for all those mathematical manipulations, I use octave 2.1.50a version ...for a reason

and write all the scripts using the Scilab Editor, called Sc1, also use if for C/C++ and other stuff because it has auto indent AND color etc. One of the few editors that easily opens 100MB files also doesn't get upset if you accidently open an exe file, or such.

Reply to
RobertMacy

octave is purposely a clone of Matlab, however I prefer the 'command line' approach of octave over a stupid gui.

Reply to
RobertMacy

Probably selected grades, as in...

*$ .model D1N914 D(Is=168.1E-21 N=1 Rs=.1 Ikf=0 Xti=3 Eg=1.11 Cjo=4p *$ .model D1N914a D(Is=100f N=1 Rs=16 Ikf=0 Xti=3 Eg=1.11 Cjo=2p M=.3333 *$ ...Jim Thompson

Setting options to not show unnecessary data makes it easy to separate. Obviously you know what you titled it, so a good text editor (like UltraEdit) easily finds it in the .OUT file. ...Jim Thompson

This comment is not aimed at you but myself... Amzingly just can't let go of what works to take on unknown methods that work even better, just are not enticing enough to pursue.

My primary example is using python, it works better all around for everything you want to do, but I just can't stop using octave to learn python.

Reply to
RobertMacy

Yes. The LT Spice model has a Cjo of 4 pF. No apparent breakdown, as they run happily at -100 KV.

Let the simulator beware!

Now, imagine the accuracy of climate modeling...

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Den mandag den 30. juni 2014 19.50.02 UTC+2 skrev John Larkin:

same for FETs, you can add a Bv to the model

-Lasse

Version 4 SHEET 1 880 680 WIRE 192 32 32 32 WIRE 672 32 192 32 WIRE 32 112 32 32 WIRE 192 144 192 112 WIRE 672 144 672 112 WIRE 144 240 144 224 WIRE 192 240 144 240 WIRE 624 240 624 224 WIRE 672 240 624 240 WIRE 192 304 192 240 WIRE 672 304 672 240 FLAG 192 304 0 FLAG 32 192 0 FLAG 672 304 0 SYMBOL nmos 144 144 R0 SYMATTR InstName M1 SYMATTR Value AO6408special SYMBOL res 176 16 R0 SYMATTR InstName R1 SYMATTR Value 10 SYMBOL voltage 32 96 R0 WINDOW 3 -299 61 Left 2 WINDOW 123 0 0 Left 2 WINDOW 39 0 0 Left 2 SYMATTR Value PULSE(0 100 0 1 1 1 1 1) SYMATTR InstName V1 SYMBOL nmos 624 144 R0 SYMATTR InstName M2 SYMATTR Value AO6408 SYMBOL res 656 16 R0 SYMATTR InstName R2 SYMATTR Value 10 TEXT 0 264 Left 2 !.tran 1 TEXT -8 344 Left 2 !.model AO6408special ako:AO6408 Bv=40

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

The diode reverse breakdown voltage is Vrev in the model statement. You can set it to whatever you like. If it is not specified, the default value is infinity. See

It is also described in the LTspice help under D. Diode Symbol Names: DIODE, ZENER, SCHOTTKY, VARACTOR, LED, TVS.

This behavior is deliberate, intended, and well understood. It has nothing to do with other types of simulations.

There is a great deal of information on the behaviour of LTspice in the wiki and in the help file. If you find something unusual in your simulations, these are good places to look for the explanation.

Reply to
Steve Wilson

Well, the Earth is nearly spherical already, which helps. ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Hmmm....let's see Mount Everest(sp?) is around 28,000 ft above sea level, and the earth's diameter approx 8,000 miles That's like having a ball bearing 1 cm in diameter polished to 6 microns or so. Yep, pretty good sphere.

Turn that around a 1 cm ball polished to 1 micron is like having an earth with the highest peak around 4200 ft. hmmm

Reply to
RobertMacy

That's the LTspice "quicky" model. Traditional Spice is BV=breakdown voltage, specified at current IBV

...Jim Thompson

Spherical cow joke alert. ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

uh, very dense here. hand waving over top of forehead front to back.

Reply to
RobertMacy