LT Spice Dataflag

My schematic started showing DC voltages all over the place. When I saved it and closed it and re-opened, the flagged voltages came back as ???

The .asc netlist had a bunch of DATAFLAG statements. I edited them out and the ??? things went away.

Anybody know what's going on? Why did it start doing this?

Can I delete the voltage tags or the ??? things without editing the .asc file?

--

John Larkin      Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin

It's LTspice. Who the crap knows why it does what it does? You should ask in the LTspice group at groups.io. While the real experts seem to be dying off, they still have some who are very knowledgeable.

I found out a while back they have a wiki that isn't a wiki. No user input allowed. lol

--

Rick C.

+ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Rick C

How about just nuking the .net file? All the info is in the .asc and libraries.

pdfLaTeX gets confused sometimes too--you basically delete all the generated files and run it over again:

rm *aux *toc *ind *idx pdflatex warandpeace.tex

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

The LTspice Control Panel -> Netlist Options, allows you to automatically delete the .RAW, .NET, .LOG and .FFT files

--
The best designs occur in the theta state. - sw
Reply to

That's easy, why not cut it off these flags with scissors within the schematics ?

habib

Oh BTW this

was a grateful help for me ...

PS. Some of my recent designs works fine with .options gmin=1e-10

Reply to
habib

That is NOT a helpful suggestion. All the liquid crystals would leak out of my monitor.

I'm guessing that I accidentally hit some hotkey that put me into the voltage tagging mode. The built-in HELP doesn't seem to know anything about DATAFLAG.

Webby help tells me how to create them, not how to get rid of them.

Maybe it will never happen again.

--

John Larkin      Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin

The unwanted DATAFLAGs get poked into my .asc file, unless I bail without saving. The tags come back when I restart, even when there is no .net any more.

No big deal, just another curious undocumented "feature".

--

John Larkin      Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin

Ah, I misunderstood.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Sometimes I have to set some of those things to get a sim to run. It's kind of unpredictable; sometimes some tiny value change will cause a sim to hang after some run time, or never finish the initial DC setup.

Some of the things that I do need the alternate solver, which is a global/persistant setting.

Copy your ASC and delete everything, then save it. Look in the saved ASCII text and see if there is a saved configuration setting. Compare with a fresh clean file if needed.

CH

Reply to
Clifford Heath

Has anyone heard any rumors about what Mike is up to?

Yes, you should be able to delete them and they should not come back by themselves. I have no idea how/why they would have appeared accidentally. I can't find any setting to do so, and it has not happened to me.

The only way I know of to get them in is to right click in the schematic to get the pop-up menu, and then go to Draft > .op Data Label. So, I don't think it is normally too easy to get them in. hah hah.

If they are placed right on a wire, they adopt the net/node and report that voltage. If they free float, then you must select the item to report.

In an example .ASC text file I have, I can see:

DATAFLAG 80 16 "" DATAFLAG 1280 16 "" DATAFLAG 1136 -528 "" DATAFLAG 1312 -448 "I(R3)" DATAFLAG 240 80 "I(R1)"

The first three sit on a "wire" and report that voltage. The others have a current specified. The voltage dataflags do not have to be on the wire, but they would need to be spec'd like the current ones in that case.

You can delete these right out of the .ASC file with a text editor, of course. Normally it should be done in the schematic editor, but if you have a ton of them, the text editor is super fast.

BTW, they won't report properly if you use the "startup" option for .TRAN.

Reply to
Simon S Aysdie

Suposedly he is up to working on a new spice simulator. Supposed to be free I think except if you want it to DESIGN circuits for you based on some (don't know) kind of input like, gains and frequency responces, etc. That feature would cost money.

This was from my late friend, David Edwards AKA Analog Spiceman

Happy new year (almost) !

Reply to
boB