LSI mic array ?

** Inspired to look by another thread here - I stumbled on this masterpiece of Norse audio engineering:

315 mics in a circular array - all separately recorded and processed !!!!

These sons of Vikings certainly don't do things by half measures.

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

ed !!!!

Fabulous. I was always impressed by big phased-array radars like the one at Fylingdales in Yorkshire

s/equipment.cfm.

2650 transmitter/receiver modules on each of three faces working at 420 - 450 MHz.

Please excuse the Google stuff; just a quick way to get back on Usenet after moving to an ISP that doesn't have a news server.

Chris

Reply to
Chris

That's cool, sort of a phased-array radar.

It could transmit, too!

John