Low Q current linear regulators

Standard 78xx regulators are very handy, but their quiescent current of 5mA or more seems wasteful when the load is only a few mAs. 78Lxx types are no better in this respect. What would you recommend as stock low-quiescent devices? They need not be real micro-power, ~1mA standby current is OK. LDO and TH desireable but not essential. One prime requirement is that they should be available just about everywhere, which is why I have not simply searched through manufacturers' datasheets. And reasonably priced of course. TIA.

Reply to
Pimpom

What about the LM2936, multiple makers, TH & SMD packages.

From the data sheet:

a.. Ultra low quiescent current (IQ

Reply to
Dennis

"Pimpom" kirjoitti viestissä:ijt2jm$bit$ snipped-for-privacy@news.albasani.net...

I like lp2950/lp2951. Low dropout, low quiescent current and low price

"Pimpom" wrote in news:ijt2jm$bit$1 @news.albasani.net:

You are looking for either a CMOS LDO or one with a super beta PNP. Heres a cheap Onsemi CMOS one.

Check out Mcrochips offerings most of theirs are CMOS. Heres two I have.

Hammy

Thanks for the replies and sorry about the late reply - I'm swamped with work these days. I'll see if I can get the types you suggested: This is always a major factor for me, and is the reason why I have not simply picked them out from the specs.

Reply to
Pimpom