Constant Current Regulators ('diodes') are back

On Semi have released some low cost, constant current regulators that target LED drive, but have many more applications

Starting at $0.0545/10K, these are not the usual 'niche price nonsense' seen on other current regulator 2 terminal devices 'diodes'.

Right now in 20/25/30mA, hopefully they can do 5/10/15mA too, soon...

-jg

Reply to
-jg

Look good, most likely calibrated JFETS (looking at the min. voltage they need). I would also be looking forward to 5/10 mA range which could be handy for some instrumentation purposes (not very likely to appear unless needed for huge displays, though :-) ).

Dimiter

didi

On May 21, 12:45=A0am, didi wrote: # Look good, most likely calibrated JFETS (looking at the min. voltage # they need). # I would also be looking forward to 5/10 mA range which could be handy # for some instrumentation purposes (not very likely to appear unless needed # for huge displays, though :-) ).

I asked OnSemi, and they have 5mA and 10mA variants on the road map. With LED efficiency climbing, lower currents are a trend, and I could also see applications that use 5mA as a base current (Zero EMI), and then Dims using a higher current unit as well

Only feature they lack is a reverse-battery blocking ability...

-jg

Reply to
-jg