low current PIR

I am working on very low current (10uA) design using LHI 878. Perkin Elmer app not e recommends 47K load resistor on source pin, which make my current goal very difficult. I've come across few designs where people have used o ver 1M on source pin to achieve this amount current. Does any one know if i s okay use over 1M value? what could be side affect?

Reply to
EVO8VIII

r app not e recommends 47K load resistor on source pin, which make my curre nt goal very difficult. I've come across few designs where people have used over 1M on source pin to achieve this amount current. Does any one know if is okay use over 1M value? what could be side affect?

Can you post a link to the app note? Pyro's only respond to changes in light... so knowing very little of the details I might worry that the larger R would reduce the maximum frequency and thus the signal level.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

not e recommends 47K load resistor on source pin, which make my current goal very difficult. I've come across few designs where people have used over 1M on source pin to achieve this amount current. Does any one know if is okay use over

1M value? what could be side affect?

muRata IRA-E712 at least works perfect with a 2 uA. We're using both S and D resistors in the circuit with gate tied to ground. I don't remember the exact numbers, but I think our R is a lot less than 1M, as the current is controlled by the biasing.

-- Mikko OH2HVJ

Reply to
mi