low power, HV-in regulator with depletion mosfet

Sorry, my bad. AN8 it is.

                                       (Richard Feynman)
Reply to
Fred Abse

If a part has a model name NMOS, how do you tell WHOSE NMOS it is?

Just put a "spice directive" into the schematic...

.LIB \Path\Filename.lib

I do that all the time to avoid conflicting part/model names for different processes. ...Jim Thompson

| San Tan Valley, AZ 85140   Skype: Contacts Only  |             |

which

Wake up and learn to read... the regulator portion is the very same as yours, predating "yours" by 8 months.

The discussion here is not about charge pumps, it's about depletion-mode regulators.

Why don't you see if you can "guess" the final version? Actually I think I DID post it. ...Jim Thompson

| San Tan Valley, AZ 85140   Skype: Contacts Only  |             |

worked

--
And believe you, who won't even address the errors, let alone try to
correct them?

Not likely.
Reply to
John Fields

which

The topology is at least 70 years old. It was done with two vacuum tubes and one VR tube, same as the topology I posted, except that there usually wasn't an explicit current-limiting resistor.

It's about circuits that work, and ones that won't work.

Mine works, yours doesn't.

That's your favorite trick, claiming you can do stuff without revealing how. Whatever you did, it's probably clumsy.

Actually I

That's senility talking. I asked several times, and I don't recall you ever posting anything that will actually work.

Post it now.

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

worked

You know, if you don't look for it, you'd never know..

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

worked

They're just warnings. I could edit out the END directives, but why bother? The model works.

You're just whining, too.

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

Then I'd put it back.

Quit whining and design something.

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

Not a bad deal for what it does.

They are made in Russia, probably on an old non-epitaxial diffused transistor production line. Note the remarkable Ft.

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

which

won't

one

Beg for it >:-} ...Jim Thompson

| San Tan Valley, AZ 85140   Skype: Contacts Only  |             |

which

won't

one

Here it is, NOLA white trash...

Now stop with the bloviating bull-shit. ...Jim Thompson

| San Tan Valley, AZ 85140   Skype: Contacts Only  |             |

which

won't

one

Hilarious, parts-rich hack, as usual. It looks like it blew up at first, so you had to add R17.

If it's in production, why the question marks?

Where can I buy those 1Nxxxx diodes?

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

which

won't

one

I didn't, because I knew you couldn't stand to not post it. You held out for all of 10 minutes.

What a wuss you are.

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

which

won't

one

all

Better than a NOLA f*ck-head with white-trash parents. ...Jim Thompson

| San Tan Valley, AZ 85140   Skype: Contacts Only  |             |

which

won't

one

Dumb as a stump, you are. This is an October 2012 drawing. It's been in production since then. The markings simply reflect banter between me and the power supply manufacturer in New Zealand.

Of course, you, Larkin, wouldn't actually know how round-the-world team designing works.

Larkin is a NOLA white-trash f*ck-head... and that's an accurate description.

Pecksniffian echo (you know who you are), avoid getting involved. I'm going hunting...

My magical part, just dial-in the desired part number >:-} I have libraries for everything. Larkin can't even get one part right. ...Jim Thompson

| San Tan Valley, AZ 85140   Skype: Contacts Only  |             |

That's amateurish. See the write-up for Figure 10 and use a cheap $0.17 78L12 that gets you where you need to be.

bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

that gets you where you need to be.

That's OK, but it probably doesn't guarantee the 78L12 dropout voltage.

--

John Larkin Highland Technology Inc

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com

Precision electronic instrumentation Picosecond-resolution Digital Delay and Pulse generators Custom timing and laser controllers Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links VME analog, thermocouple, LVDT, synchro, tachometer Multichannel arbitrary waveform generators

Just OK??? It's a complete precision regulator. This may come as a surprise to you but the 3-terminal regulator forces the VGS of the depletion FET to support its current and not the other way around. If you need an absolute guarantee, there is a simple (almost trivial) way to make the voltage diffe rential across the 3-terminal stay above the minimum dropout threshold, whi ch will be left as an exercise for the student.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

worked

--
Yeah, sure.

Then they'd wipe it out and you'd put it back in again, and they'd
wipe it out again and so on, ad infinitum?

You're a childish hypocrite who'd bite off his nose to spite his face
when he's given good counsel.
Reply to
John Fields

that gets you where you need to be.

The gate being connected directly to the output with HV on the other side of the fet, does not give ma a warm and fuzzy feeling with fast transients with all that miller, hope the caps don't fail.

I think that circuit needs a crowbar if that was ever seriously put in use. Maybe plant some 1.5k or better type TVSes on those nodes.

I don't know if sims would reveal enough collateral damage, the models in Ltspice seem to think they can operate beyond infinity.

Just my opinon, don't pay no mind to me, just a foot hill hick.

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie