Discrete HV regulator recommendation

Hello,

I need +75V voltage regulator schematic, output current should be no more than 1A. I tried to build one today but I got strange voltage drop on the output when load is connected even though it uses negative feedback to stabilize output voltage and I got no time to diagnose why.

Anyway, I would appreciate any idea or schematic for such regulator.

Thank you,

Thomas

Reply to
thomas

Take a look at the TL783CK

Farnell still apparently stocks it, though not in large numbers. Other broad-line distributors might be more enthusiastic.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Thanks, Bill

This is excellent. :) This component is precisely what I need because of the simplicity of circuit that can be made with it. Price is also very good.

If you don't mind I have one more question. Is there *negative* version of TL783 ?

Best regards,

Thomas

Reply to
thomas

.

od.

I've never heard of one, but that doesn't mean much.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

If not, but if you have an isolated secondary, you can use one "upside down":

  • AC ----[bridge]-----[regulator]------ to GND [rect. ] | [______]----------+----------- -V source neg. out

Hope this helps! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Take a transformer with two output windings, put an ordinary supply circuit on each of them, then put them in series. Viola, 75 volts.

Reply to
Sjouke Burry

Dig out a uA723 data sheet...

Reply to
Robert Baer

Thanks !

This is exactly what I did in the meantime.

Regards,

Thomas

Reply to
thomas