Looking for inductor 200uH/1.5A, under 0.400" footprint

):

That's only rated for 300mA. Yuck.

A 10mm inductor, 1A i_sat, 800mA i_dc. Used at 1.5A--past i_sat--it's only ~140uH.

Are you sure you wouldn't rather use a 12mm inductor?

This 12mm 270uH part handles 1.2A rms, i_sat =3D 1.6A. Cheap. In stock at DigiKey.

271KLTR-ND

Total energy storage (L * i^2 / 2), goes roughly with volume. If you want to store more i^2, you'll need a bigger inductor.

SMD parts don't get all that tall, otherwise they'd snap or shear off.

Or, you could stack up two in series....?

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

I am afradid its worse. Idc1 is 1000mA and they say in the footnote that is the point where the inductance is down by 30%, meaning 154uH left. What happens past that point would be unknown.

Can't, no re-layout passible on this one.

Well, a cube would be 10mm by 10mm by 10mm and cubes are stable enough. That would be twice as high as this inductor is. I was hoping someone would know a cube inductor.

:-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

nce):

.

's

-- it's

stock

..

I'd hoped the 12mm unit might squeeze in the same spot, or maybe you could make an adapter board. Yucky, but we've all had to do it.

That's roughly what you'll need -- 1,000mm^3.

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat