LM556 unused half input termination

Crossposted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics ; followups-to set to sci.electronics.basics.

I found a 556 in my junque box, and thought it'd be fun to flash an LED or something, but I only need one half of it. I know unterminated inputs are anathema for digital chips, but what about the spare half of a 556? From the schem. on the data sheet,

it kinda looks like pulling them to either rail might be not too good for the chip - what do you guys recommend?

Thanks! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise