Termination switch

Hi!

I want to be able to turn on/off the 120 Ohm termination resistor that is placed at the input of my CAN-transciever. I want to do this with a GPIO from my MCU... Any ideas? I've seen a solution with a SPST- switch...will that work?

Reply to
CeeRox

Not knowing the specifics of what CAN is, the solution can vary from simple to complex. If it's just some sort of 10-100KHz thing with slow edges, put the resistor to ground through an open-drain logic output. A logic low level enables the resistor, and a high floats it.

Reply to
a7yvm109gf5d1