LED reference current source

The really old one is way better--it's by the guy that invented light and electrons and silicon and everything. ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Oh, no you don't! The discussion was about AC and synchronous detection, the '3dB penalty' in bandwidth is of no importance because the detector rejects the out-of-phase part of the bandwidth in question. You get the

3 dB back, it never hits the measurement.
Reply to
whit3rd

Quite right. I corrected that mistake earlier today, actually.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

reference

the

or

Nice article. It seems that the doubly rotated AT "DRAT" crystals from = my teen years were early versions of SC crystals.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

Got the first boards today:

Don't know if it works, but the orange LED is sure pretty. My camera made it look kinda yellow.

--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com

Precision electronic instrumentation Picosecond-resolution Digital Delay and Pulse generators Custom laser drivers and controllers Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links VME thermocouple, LVDT, synchro acquisition and simulation

Whatsitdo ??

Reply to
hamilton

It's a laser driver. The seven square pads solder to one side of a

14-pin butterfly laser package. This board has a one-shot to make pulses from 100 ps up to a couple ns maybe, and pots/inputs to adjust pulse width, laser bias, and laser pulse current. It's pretty common these days to have a seed laser run at a few hundred mA to make a fast light pulse, then run that through a few pumped-fiber amplifiers to get enough optical power for materials processing or some such.

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com