LED lamp

I have basic knowledge of electronics but not enough for doing this project so I need some help here. I want to make LED lamp. It is pendant lamp that is pluged to wall outlet (220V AC ). I plan to use a cluster of 20 ultra bright 1W-3W (3.6V) leds. So, i need to convert this to DC i guess and what do you recommned, serial or parallel connection and which transofmer to use for that.

TIA

Reply to
mrfsrf

Not quite as simple as that.

20 x 1W LEDs will dissipate approx 16+W of heat (20% efficiency) - what are you going to do with it? What heat sink arrangements do you have for the LEDs?

Additionally, and dropper resistor will itself dissipate a fair amount of heat, unless you are driving the LEDs from a constant current source via a switching power supply.

Otherwise, go for several strings of LEDs and run the strings in parallel eg 4 strings of 5 LEDs

--
Dirk

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

well thats also a slight problem...i plan to put those leds inside incandescence lightbulb whose inside parts have been removed..so heatsink will be pretty small.

thanks for suggestion I will try this method.

org/- A UK political party

Our= podcasts on weird stuff

Reply to
mrfsrf