laugh of the day

I was commenting on China, not airport security. But they don't profile, at least not by race. They just look for terrorists while we look for weapons (as their security chief put his criticism of us over 5 years ago). They interview everybody. It's that simple.

zero, and remove the last word.
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

pot, kettle, black.

Cheers

ian

Reply to
Ian Bell

Everywhere I've traveled, except Mexico, interviews/profiles. ...Jim Thompson

It's believable if they're willing to accept a lower standard of living.

I bring this up because I think it's something many people don't consider: While a lot of the people on this newsgroup (including myself, to a certain extent) are the go-go type-A work-60-hours-a-week types, there are an awful lot of people in the world who would be perfectly happy working, say, 35 hours a week rather than 40 in exchange for a commensurate decrease in their income. An engineer working, e.g., half-time in many cases still has a higher standard of living than a Wal*Mart greeter, after all.

By the same token, the U.S.'s standard of living would likely increase noticeably if we upped the work week to 9 hours/day, right?

---Joel

Reply to
Joel Koltner

4.7%, actually. The Europeans and Chinese and Aussies didn't complain the last few times it was needed.

John

But, What have you done for me lately, Darling!

Reply to
Frithiof Andreas Jensen

Bailed out your banks.

John