Larkin, Here's mine...

a brain that still works. The nearest black hole that we know about

don't seem to be delivering your part of the bargain.

countries. Presumably the Arizona police won't bother to prosecute, on the grounds that you are a more or less harmless nutcase - which is to say you haven't yet been caught practicing criminal psychopathology where your cops pay attention.

You're dumb as a stump. Threatening, at least in the USA, isn't a crime. An action is required.

However, I'm of the old school, and the Old Book. Killing isn't a punishment for the perp. Only the survivors suffer. So I'm of the old school and the Old Book, you keep it up, and you _will_ suffer and you'll know who caused it ;-) ...Jim Thompson

You're mistaken, Jim, A. A person commits threatening or intimidating if such person threatens or intimidates by word or conduct:

  1. To cause physical injury to another person or serious damage to the property of another; or #snip# B. Threatening or intimidating pursuant to subsection A, paragraph 1 or 2 is a class 1 misdemeanor.

In Florida, a threat to kill or do bodily injury (if written, and then actually sent) is a second-degree felony (statute 836.10).

In California, a death threat of any kind (serious or not, written or verbal, paper or email) is a misdemeanor punishable by up to a year in jail.

Dave Platt

Stuff it ;-) ...Jim Thompson

with a brain that still works. The nearest black hole that we know about

You don't seem to be delivering your part of the bargain.

countries. Presumably the Arizona police won't bother to prosecute, on the grounds that you are a more or less harmless nutcase - which is to say you haven't yet been caught practicing criminal psychopathology where your cops pay attention.

So, Jim, since in your long life you've obviously have a lot of mortal enemies, how many of them have you actually killed, or stomped, or kneecapped, or given hangnails to, or whatever you're talking about doing? Must be quite a few, right?

(Bravado is exceedingly tiresome, especially bravado backed up with bupkis.)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

It does a better job of printing them, too. When you work with D-sized drawings, it matters (I print them on B).

Haven't had any problems. I use Acrobat 9 pro at work and PDF Creator at home. No problems with either of them or many others I've used in the past).

Reply to
krw

Are there exemptions for crazy toothless old gits?

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

with a brain that still works. The nearest black hole that we know about

at > >the same rate, and very slowly.

You don't seem to be delivering your part of the bargain.

countries. Presumably the Arizona police won't bother to prosecute, on the grounds that you are a more or less harmless nutcase - which is to say you haven't yet been caught practicing criminal psychopathology where your cops pay attention.

Naaaah! I just make them unemployable. ...Jim Thompson

He's

with a brain that still works. The nearest black hole that we know about

at > >the same rate, and very slowly.

You don't seem to be delivering your part of the bargain.

most countries. Presumably the Arizona police won't bother to prosecute, on the grounds that you are a more or less harmless nutcase - which is to say you haven't yet been caught practicing criminal psychopathology where your cops pay attention.

So all that stuff about physical violence and lawsuits is just posturing and lies--all you can really do is badmouth people. No big surprise.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510 USA
+1 845 480 2058

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

He's

with a brain that still works. The nearest black hole that we know about

at > >the same rate, and very slowly.

You don't seem to be delivering your part of the bargain.

most countries. Presumably the Arizona police won't bother to prosecute, on the grounds that you are a more or less harmless nutcase - which is to say you haven't yet been caught practicing criminal psychopathology where your cops pay attention.

The "people" badmouth themselves... that's what gets them unemployable. All I am is the messenger. ...Jim Thompson

aware

what

He's

with a brain that still works. The nearest black hole that we know about

but at > >the same rate, and very slowly.

psychopathology. You don't seem to be delivering your part of the bargain.

most countries. Presumably the Arizona police won't bother to prosecute, on the grounds that you are a more or less harmless nutcase - which is to say you haven't yet been caught practicing criminal psychopathology where your cops pay attention.

bupkis.)

Go ahead, get me fired.

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

electronics

of

I pretty much agree with both Jeff and Tim. By the time you get to college what you get out of school correlates nicely with what you put into it. If you don't put effort and direct will to learn the material you will not learn it, let alone retain it. Learning and knowing stuff others don't know (especially when "similarly" edjumacated) is really big fun.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

Welcome to the Machine.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

Systems,

and

physics.

At least in part. One of the very bad failures of training programmers/software engineers is NOT teaching them the many differences between good code and bad code. And the differences between quickly written hacks and maintainable software (the former can be good code, the latter almost always is).

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

Systems,

and

physics.

Well, that particular vision of Nirvanah is rather evil. One generation and the whole society becomes Eloi. I have been a Moloch long enough to understand that.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

strike?

Will there be any humans left capable of operating them?

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

much

will

Everyone

strike?

Though that too will follow.

?-(

Reply to
josephkk

Has anyone here ever built an "Infinite State Machine"?

Reply to
Ralph Barone

I've wondered where the "finite" comes from. Is there such a thing as an analog state machine? (Aside from the entire universe.)

I guess "finite" could be to distinguish a clocked-state-machine based logic design from historical asynchronous hairball logic, which may not have a countable number of distinct states. Which makes them buggy.

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

You can easily make one with enough states that the Sun will burn out before it finishes, if the hardware lasted that long. An 80-bit binary counter clocked at 1 MHz, for instance.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510 USA
+1 845 480 2058

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

analog

There's a whole branch of mathematics dedicated to state machines or 'automata'. It's a popular subject for compiler writers. Type 'automata theory' at Wikipedia for an entry point.

Jeroen Belleman

Reply to
Jeroen