Large Display Backlit Bench Multimeters

I did some searching for large display backlit bench multimeters. I'm looking for:

1) A big backlit LCD 2) No rotary switch. 3) General purpose use 4) Bonus if also runs off batteries 5) Bonus if current and voltage measured at same time 6) $100 to $300 range 7) I kinda like those squishy rubber buttons

Found this by TTI

Cheapo Asian jobby on Ebay (Credit to Asian genius in the fine art of reducing cost to the danger point.) Item number: 300384259578

Something from Protek

I like the front design..

Probably another clone with a dozen model numbers and names.

Anybody know some models of bench DMMs with a big display?

btw..I did run across National Instruments USB DMM. It's beyond my budget.

Reply to
D from BC

I've got a TTI and am happy with it - older than the one in the link, mines got red 7 seg displays. The programmable aspect can be useful, you can set go/no go limits with a buzzer for current or voltage testing etc. It's useful for small batch testing etc. It's probably over 10 yrs old now still going strong and the calibration hasn't drifted measureably.

Reply to
Royston Vasey

Unfortunately only used if you can find it but it ain't gonna get much bigger than this:

Another option may be multimeters with optical or USB links. Then you can have a 15" or even larger display. IIRC even RadioShack has or used to sell one of those meters.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.