large (~9mm square) bare photo diode vendors.

5 stage Peltier will get you down to about 200K, depending on your hot-side temperature Below that you're into cooling engine territory. I've used 4-5 stage to cool HgCdTe devices. Boy are these greedy.

I had a two-stage Peltier for a germanium APD design, before InGaAs took off.

This is current state-of-the art

Brian

--
Brian Howie
Reply to

I don't know about special doping but they have "special" prices. I've used garden variety diodes down to 77K, no problem. I don't have (easy) access to lower temps, helium is damn expensive these days.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold