Lapel microphone question

should be

that's

the

I'd rather not trail a power cord behind my car. ;-)

I was going to say, checked out their prices lately? They're *really* proud of their stuff. ;-)

Reply to
krw

[...]

You mean LT switcher chips? Yeah, that is usually the problem, there are many designs where I cannot use them on account of the steep prices. Only in high-end gear.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

I was going to use their LTC3455 USB/LiIon charger/dual-switcher thingy, but it never came to be. Yep, only at the high end or were the volumes are miniscule.

Reply to
krw

Regarding clothes rustling: not true. We're using omni - no pick up of clothes rustle. Broadway shows use omni without that problem. Picking up clothing rustle has more to do with mic placement than anything else. If clothing drags across the mic, you'll get rustle.

That doesn't mean cardioid isn't better - it may be. I don't know. We've used both in our church, and prefer omni for the simple reason that the omni's we've used are smaller and therefore less visible than the cardioids. We've used both types successfully.

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

I've tried answering per PM but the whit3rd email address bounced.

Thanks for the hint but it's too late, we already ordered an omni. The sales rep at Sweetwater seemed quite knowledgeable and when he heard "pastor" and "vicar" and "robe" he immediately said we need omni. I knew we had bought there before but couldn't remember what it was, so he looked it up. Lo and behold we had bought a lapel mike replacement for pastor's Shure mike and it was also omni. Works great (I am the guy sitting behind the mixer a lot).

I just took out the gmail block once more, see if Google has improved. Tried it twice before and spam flooded in but who knows.

There's another advantage to omni but only 5 mins of our service: Before the sermon pastor or vicar invites all little children up front to have an educational chat. They circle around him. With omni I can sometimes push up the potmeter and the congregation can hear the question or answer of a child a little easier.

[...]
--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

One of my coworkers has a bluetooth ear clip, and it only needs range from his ear to his back pocket, where he carries his phone.

I was thinking primarily about picking up voice and as little other stuff as possible.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise