Microphone Question

I just downloaded Windows Media Player 9 for Windows 98 SE, and for the life of me, I can't get Media Player to recognize the microphone so I can record with it.

The mike works fine with Windows Sound Recorder. The mike plugs into the ESS AudioDrive Playback/Recorder 9080 sound card. However, Windows Sound Recorder can only record for a maximum of

60 seconds, and I want to record longer than that, maybe up to 10 minutes. I play banjo and I want to record it.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Jon

Reply to
Jon G.

Quoting Jon G. [ snipped-for-privacy@peoplepc.com], that posted to sci.electronics.misc on Mon, 01 Nov 2004 03:52:59 GMT under article :

Try Audacity:

General-purpose audio recorder and editor. Runs on Windows and Linux.

--
Chaos Master®, posting from Brazil.
"And if I bleed, I'll bleed / knowing you don't care. "

http://marreka.no-ip.com | http://tinyurl.com/46vru | http://renan182.no-ip.org
Reply to
Chaos Master

======================= So those clever programmers in Redmond have the media player rigged to shut off after hearing 60 seconds of banjo music?

Reply to
BobGardner

shut off

I thought everyone shut off after 60 seconds of banjo. :-)

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor