Ordering from Farnell

When ordering items through Farnell, where do they come from?

I have ordered through Futurelec previously, and the items came from Thailand, so I am curious.

Reply to
Wayne

"Wayne"

** From their Sydney warehouse in Chester Hill - dummy.

Farnell in the UK buy from the makers themselves or appointed distributors for the makers.

Electronic components are made ALL over the world, wherever labour is cheap mainly.

** So you bought what, exactly?

Were the items were labelled as made in Thailand - or was the parcel despatched from there ?

Try to avoid such ambiguity in future.

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Farnell hold most stock in Sydney, the rest comes from their UK warehouse. If you click on the "In Stock" button it will tell you how many items are in Australia and how many are in the UK. That's a bit of trap actually, they quote next day delivery for items is stock, but only if they are in Oz. So if you want stuff the same/ next day then you have to manually check that each item is actually in stock here. UK stuff takes about 5 days to get here.

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

That's not exactly surprising, seeing that Futurlec are located in Thailand.

Reply to
rebel

Thanks for the reply.

I did not know that the stock status link actually showed where stock was located. Generally, it take me to a page describing what the status messages mean.

Reply to
Wayne

"David L. Jones"

** How sneaky of them.

Tip noted.

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Yes, wasn't always like that, they used to automatically show the stock level in each country. A Farnell rep I spoke to a little while back said they have had quite a few complaints about it, and are looking into it.

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

And, if you order 2 items and one just happens to be in the UK, the will charge shipping from AU for the first order and shipping from UK for second order.

Reply to
The Real Andy