Kodachrome

When kids accidentally come across Paul Simon singing "Kodachrome" on some oldies station, they won't know what he's talking about.

John

They also won't know what all those big black DVDs in your basement are and how to get them into a DVD drive :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

"Mama gonna take my kewl cell phone away..."

Sorta rhymes :)

Paul and Muttley=20

Reply to
P E Schoen

No, but they'll think it's cool sounding and make a rap song out of it. Play it while out in public with their multicolor hair, boom boxes on their shoulders and pants hanging down to their knees with clown suspender keeping them from hitting their ankles.

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

I don't think Paul did either. Kodachrome was for slides. He never struck me as a ... Carousel sort of guy.

-- Les Cargill

Reply to
Les Cargill

Powerpoint and Kodachrome scan exactly the same. Creepy.

-- Les Cargill

Reply to
Les Cargill

No, no, no...those are the pre-cursor to 8 inch floppies..

Reply to
Robert Baer

On a sunny day (Fri, 20 Jan 2012 18:51:37 -0800) it happened John Larkin wrote in :

I havea Kodak electronic picture frame on the wall, it displays, from an SD card, sequentially: picture of biggest nuke, Snoopy, several galaxies.

I will always rememeber them...

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

They'll roll their eyes when you compare them to a DVD- like some oldster calling an iPod a fancy "grammophone".

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Will they even remember Kodak?

Reply to
krw

Recently I recalled with nostalgia the process of playing a record - how you had to handle it, getting out the felt brush, putting 3 drops of cleaner fluid on it, and running the record with the brush gently resting on it while rotating the brush. Then cleaning the needle.

You had to love your music to do that. Eliminating the need to make an effort for something you love is like using Woody Allen's orgasmatron.

zero, and remove the last word.
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

"John Larkin" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

I still have a roll of ISO64 Forgot to use it before Duane's stopped processing it.

Martin Riddle

Sure, for consumer use, but Kodachrome film was also widely used for professional photography intended for print publication.

There is, however, a long history of lyricists taking license (or being ignorant) of technical details. Pink's _Like a Pill_ ("shortage (sic) in the switch") and Nazereth's _This Flight Tonight_ ("up (sic) go the flaps, down go the wheels") come to mind.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Allegedly the cheap consumables printers is still a going concern.

Reply to
Ian Field

Huh. I didn't realize that was true. The other films seemed better adapted, but maybe that ran into Kodak's processing cost.

I just remember Dad talking about "This is for prints, this is for slides" when I asked him why he had two kinds of film. He was no professional, just an amateur.

Of course! that's kinda the joke. Billy Joel talked about this at length... somewhere - use the sound of the words...

-- Les Cargill

Reply to
Les Cargill

My digital camera bears the Kodak marque.

-- Les Cargill

Reply to
Les Cargill

Its the chemical photo side of the business that collapsed, the fate of the other parts of the Co remains to be seen.

Reply to
Ian Field

What's a "grammophone"?

--