JTAG pogo-pin connector

Does someone make such a thing off the shelf?

I've been using typical headers that match the connector on the programming pod. For example, 2mm to match Xilinx and 0.1in to match SiLabs or Freescale (and most everyone else).

The design I am working on now is small in size and the header would simply not fit. I've used custom pogo-pin rigs in the past and so I wondered if anyone makes a production JTAG programmer connector built with them. One could then simply lay down pads or small vias and make the board small (as well as add zero cost to support programmability).

We have the capability to custom machine our own, but reinventing the wheel is never a good idea. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

-Martin

Reply to
martin_05

Microchip sell these 6-pin programming adapters

Mike Harrison

I've used this samtec one-piece once for programming.

The UUT had the pads, and the programming fixture had the connector. Maybe one of their card edge connectors might work for you.

Martin Riddle

Digikey has some spring loaded connectors:

I don't know the connectors, but looks like you can solder a header on it and then plug in a typical JTAG ribbon cable connector (or the flying wires of the Xilinx platform cable). The Microchip idea with some additional pins at the adapter and holes in the target PCB sounds good, too.

--
Frank Buss, fb@frank-buss.de
Frank Buss

adapters

Nice. Pretty much what I had in mind. I'll have to check one out.

Thanks,

-Martin

Reply to
martin_05

Right, this is the sort of thing I had in mind if we were to roll our own.

Thanks,

-Martin

Reply to
martin_05

Right, again, the sort of thing I was considering for our own implementation. Microchip seems to have addressed the important aspects of attachment to the UUT.

Thanks,

-Martin

Reply to
martin_05