Could to-day's very small microelectronic be a risk for the new Orion due to cosmic rays? >>>

.

Could to-day's very small microelectronic be a risk for the new Orion due to cosmic rays?

Lunar X Prize:

China WINS:
YouTube video:
My Website:
My Blog:

.
Reply to
gaetanomarano

Yes.

The earths magnetic field and atmossphere block a lot of the radiation that there is in space. The odds of a radiation hit are much higher on any electronics that will go into space. On the other hand, when cost is no object, you can afford chips that are more radiation hardened than the average PC.

Most of the computers used by NASA are not very powerful ones. They go for ones that will survive and not the fastest. They also provide backup systems and often backups to the backups.

For the trip to Mars, the machine won't be the problem. We haven't figured out how to make humans that will survive the trip.

Reply to
MooseFET
.

A SERIOUS EPISODE OF CENSORSHIP !!!

I know that just a few peoples like my ideas, proposals and opinions while other peoples dislike them, but, I'm sure that, BOTH peoples, WANT their countries will ALWAYS have DEMOCRACY and FREEDOM and nobody likes that Google does in USA, Europe, etc. the same things it does in China for business (if you don't know what, just search more info googling...).

TWO years ago I've invented (and published on my website and several space forums and blogs) the idea of a Moonrovers Prize competition:

Then, I've (also) sent dozens emails to websites, newspapers and big companies to propose my idea, and that emails included one to Google (that I still have with the files of "mail read" replies).

So, when Google has announced "its" ("original") "Lunar X Prize", I've published two articles on my ghostNASA.com blog (hosted by Bravenet.com) including the mail sent to Google, as evidence of the TRUTH.

But, last Sept. 21, Bravenet, that seems be a Google's partner (like half world...) has SUSPENDED my website (that's now inaccesible) and (worst!) has DELETED my Bravenet account (and a PAID web hosting) so I can't access to my three domains (two of them now inactive) to move them to another server in Italy or Europe or Russia or India or wherever there is NOT that censorship.

Well, until I'll have back my domains and put them on another server, I want your help, since, what happened to me to-day, could happen tomorrow TO YOU or to every FREE peoples that want to publish their opinion without be CENSORED by BIG companies that believe they can do everything they wants!!!

I'm posting this message on as many as possible forums and blogs (and send to newspapers and websites) all over the world, but, of course, I can't reach all them, so, if you have a website, a forum, a blog (or write on other blogs/forums/websites/newspapers) please post this full message on them to allow peoples know WHAT Google and/or Bravenet have done!

Thank You

Gaetano Marano

Until I'll have my blog again, you can download a .pdf file with all blog's articles (including those about the Google's "original" lunar prize) clicking this link:

PS - If you'll experience any problem to download the .pdf file, please send a mail to me, so, I'll put it on another server (and another, another, another... if necessary) and its link on my website's home page:

.
Reply to
gaetanomarano