Is OLED a lot of crap?

I am about a year younger than you and have two copies (quite a few years apart) of the CRC Handbook, one of which I have read very heavily during my teen years and to a lesser extent but still significantly afterwards.

How does the CRC Handbook support silicon or any major active ingredient of any of the usual "semiconductor LEDs" being organic?

Heck, the usual "semiconductor LEDs" don't have silicon anyway unless they are flashing / color-changing ones or otherwise including a semiconductor die other than the one(s) used to produce light.

For that matter, what do you expect to accomplish by saying "retarded reply" other than to have Copacetic added to the list of multiple nyms appearing to be used by the one often referred to as "nymbecile" and "dimbulb"?

Don Klipstein

"Buckwheat"? Did it take you all day to come up with that one?

I still have a 34th edition and a 58th edition of the CRC handbook. Left most of them at work when I retired.

But I guess you skipped the part where they told you that organic implies carbon, right?

Of course when all you can do is namecall, I guess you will be back with a good reply.

No regards,

TM

Reply to
tm

Most abundant raw element on the planet next to Oxygen.

That is about as organic as it gets. :-)

Reply to
Copacetic

Finally, some asswipe learned how to not lie.

Glen Beck is right.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

AlwaysWrong proves his mettle. Organic == hydrogen + carbon

krw

Except "organic" definitions having a high rate of being carbon-based or secondarily biological in origin (having a very high rate of being carbon-based).

Heck, the copy of the CRC Handbook that I have heavily read lists carbon tetrachloride as an "organic compound". The same listing (with "physical constants") mentions a few silicon-carbon-whatever-else compounds, but as far as I can tell none having silicon and not carbon, not even so much as "silanes".

Don Klipstein

It was a joke, you stupid twit.

Reply to
Copacetic

You don't remember the "Andromeda molecule"? :-)

Reply to
Copacetic

OLEDs are a far from mature technology. IMO they are only *just* useable. I wouldn't touch them if there's a viable alternative.

--
Dirk

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

Any normal person would admit his mistake and move on.

The opposite of organic is inorganic and includes all compounds that do not contain Carbon. Originally it was believed that organic substances were only made through a life process requiring a "vital force". This was disproved when Urea was synthesised by Wohler -

Evidently "Copacetic's" childhood reading omitted Mellor's "Modern Inorganic Chemistry".

Reply to
richard

Maybe you should have taken some organic chemistry instead, or at least opted to not act as if you were some sort of authority when you are not.

Oh, and having to claim that you are "smart" is akin to having to claim to be a lady.

Reply to
WangoTango

This is where you say, "I'm wrong" and look like a man instead of some nit picking jerk, that doesn't even have a nit to pick.

Reply to
WangoTango

"Jan Panteltje" schreef in bericht news:hqkso1$7u1$ snipped-for-privacy@news.albasani.net...

Hmm... That "Datenblatt" specifies on page 4 "Recommanded Operation Conditions" an Operating Temp. of -20C to +70C and a Storage Temp. of -30C to +80C which still may not be enough for automotive applications.

petrus bitbyter

Reply to
petrus bitbyter

You're a liar, too, AlwaysWrong. Wiggle some more. On second thought, don't. Just go away.

Reply to
krw

contain Carbon.

Carbon and hydrogen, usually. Diamond is usually classified as inorganic.

life process requiring a "vital force".

Chemistry".

Reply to
krw

The price is coming down rapidly and they are pretty. I'll wait for the early adopters to pay my development costs a while more, though.

Reply to
krw

You just need to find the folks in your "extended family" there who did the HelixNet system -- they're quite pretty. :-)

---Joel

Reply to
Joel Koltner

Yeah, but the boss still pays the cost out of his pocket. I don't see it as a selling point, at least in that market. They'd be great for our sports product line since they're used outside. Temperature is still a problem, though.

Reply to
krw

Woah! Biggest blatant pkb I've seen in a while!

Bwuahahahahahahah! You're an idiot, boy.

Reply to
Copacetic

On a sunny day (Wed, 21 Apr 2010 22:25:54 +0200) it happened "petrus bitbyter" wrote in :

The problem is that that 'Datenblatt' on page 21 IIRC specidies something completely different. Then it is +10 to +60 C for storage, and NO WATER, but some alcolhol is OK.

In my experience there is always some condensation; when moving things from cold to warm environment for example, and it can NEVER be guaranteed there is no moisture at all. An other poster mentioned burn in, I am grateful for that, did no tthink of that, that is an othrr nono of course.

It seems a bit good reading of Datenblatt (= datasheet) to the very last page is needed, usual for a crap product. No OlalaLEDs for me :-)\

Reply to
Jan Panteltje