Is API Evil?

rules.

You're assuming Brittain could continue to be supplied, at will. With more time to build (more and better) submarines, they could have starved the Brits out.

Because of our untouched and untouchable manufacturing.

Reply to
krw

rules.

It is very hard to actually say. Assuming Bletchley Park, I don't think all the subs in the world would have mattered.

Yessir.

-- Les Cargill

Reply to
Les Cargill

rules.

Indeed, choodessny chellovek.

-- Les Cargill

Reply to
Les Cargill

rules.

Assuming the Germans never figured out that their codes were compromised. That's *not* a good assumption. It was only by sheer luck BP was able to continue as long as they did.

Reply to
krw

ell

If you'd actually read what's being written about the evolution of cooperative group behaviour, you'd be aware that a lot of what's being written is about the detection and prevention of cheating. Higher monkey and the great apes all seem to have clear ideas about what's fair and what isn't.

Language and gossip may have evolved - at least in part - as mechanisms to detect and punish cheats more effectively.

God may always be looking, but he's not a particularly effective whistle-blower.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

What has Nuremburg got to do with anything. . . ?! Some of the judges were full time executioners/criminals.

Reply to