Intermittant Service Provide

Hi,

Anybody else in Arizona experiencing lots of outages from Cox Cable lately? Some friends several miles from here (Mesa) are being hit also.

--
Luhan Monat: luhanis(at)yahoo(dot)com
http://members.cox.net/berniekm

Their DNS servers have been very intermittent lately (weeks) - the connection's good, but you can't resolve anything from one minute to the next. It's been more reliable the last week.

Richard (Chandler)

Reply to
Richard H.

Hey! We're getting closer to an Arizona party! I'm in Ahwatukee Foothills... just west of Desert Foothills Park.

...Jim Thompson

I'm a bit surprised. At least three regulars of this NG in the same area.

--
Luhan Monat: luhanis(at)yahoo(dot)com
http://members.cox.net/berniekm
"Any sufficiently advanced magick is
indistinguishable from technology."
Reply to
Luhan Monat

Yeah, I've been surprised how many folks in s.a.e and comp.arch.embedded are in AZ. I wouldn't object to crashing your gathering when it comes together.

I've been in AZ for almost 20 years now. (And lurking here regularly for the last 3+... learning by osmosis is a slow process.)

Cheers, Richard

Reply to
Richard H.

I've heard of Ahwatukee, its around here somewhere. (Guess I should get out more often) ;}

--
Luhan Monat: luhanis(at)yahoo(dot)com
http://members.cox.net/berniekm
"Any sufficiently advanced magick is
indistinguishable from technology."
Reply to
Luhan Monat

I'm 43 years in AZ... straight here after graduation from MIT in 1962.

...Jim Thompson

Hmmm, I've been here about 5 years, 6 years living nowhere in particular in a motorhome before that. Probably, 20 jobs, and twice that many addresses since I was 18.

Only consistency was in doing electronics since I was about 10. Working since about 14 (TV repair). Joined 'counter culture' after Army. My background may be described as 'colorful'. And the assortment of friends over the years as 'varied' and 'interesting'.

I am now 'mostly retired'.

--
Luhan Monat: luhanis(at)yahoo(dot)com
http://members.cox.net/berniekm
"Any sufficiently advanced magick is
indistinguishable from technology."
Reply to
Luhan Monat

Almost forgot, several previous girlfriends *really* liked my cooking!

-- Luhan Monat: luhanis(at)yahoo(dot)com

"Any sufficiently advanced magick is indistinguishable from technology."

Reply to
Luhan Monat

Hello Luhan,

If it's the DNS server as Richard was saying here is what I did when ours was rocky: I stored respectively wrote down the physical IP addresses of all places I really had to get to for biz purposes.

Also, I figured out the addresses of all the Pacific Bell servers here in CA so I could switch to another that performed better. This helped a whole lot.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

Damn! Are you me?

--
Rich

for further information, please visit http://www.godchannel.com
Reply to
Rich The Philosophizer

No, the President has banned Human Cloning.

--
Luhan Monat: luhanis(at)yahoo(dot)com
http://members.cox.net/berniekm
"Any sufficiently advanced magick is
indistinguishable from technology."
Reply to
Luhan Monat

Yeah, but he hasn't even _heard_ about fragmentation. Yet.

--
Rich

for further information, please visit http://www.rightuseofwill.com
Reply to
Rich The Philosophizer

Our Internet is still going strong - must have been those bad connectors. Still get no stereo on the Sci Fi channel! PRIX cable only gives you stereo on a few (analog) channels.