Intel tri-gate finFETs

The perfect is a fiction, the good-enough is what we aspire to, the not-good-enough is what we all too often get.

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

I *guarantee* you those were mission-creep examples. That's what comes from waterfall process.

They don't get halfway done with a bridge and decide it needs to be an airport too. People in high profile positions appear to be completely incapable of measuring risk when things get complex. It turns into dog-dominance games.

The only things that are as complex as some software systems are invasions - and those *generally* fail, even though the military is much better at logistics than just about anybody besides shipping companies.

-- Les Cargill

Reply to
Les Cargill

In general, it is easy to start a war, much harder to bring it into a graceful end.

WW I did not end in 1918, but we had WW II and the cold war after that, all due to failures in 1919.

Reply to
upsidedown

Not quite, AlwaysWrong.

OS/2 is still used by Shell New Zealand Petroleum Stations as the main operating system.

OS/2 is still used to control the SkyTrain automated light rail system in Vancouver, Canada.

OS/2 is still used by The Co-operative Bank in the UK for its domestic call centre staff, as a bespoke program was created to access customer accounts which cannot easily be migrated to Windows.

OS/2 is still used by the Stop & Shop supermarket chain (and has been installed in new stores as recently as March 2010).

OS/2 is still used on ticket machines for Croydon Tramlink in outer-London (UK).

Reply to
JW