gate current

This is cool:

Drain is positive, source is positive, gate is negative!

--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc picosecond timing laser drivers and controllers

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com

The NXP BF862 model gets the gate current all wrong. In other situations it's three orders of magnitude too high.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

That's what happens when you employ PhD's with no hands-on experience to do device modeling >:-} ...Jim Thompson

AFAICT the NXP modellers are probably technicians.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

I notice that, too. The gate current around Idss seemed awfully high.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Nope, they're software types with no concept of convergence issues.

I see IF/THEN/ELSE statements and TABLE curve fitting in every model that is complained about on the LTspice List... guaranteed convergence problems. ...Jim Thompson

Yup. I like to run them about 2-2.5V D-S, where the transconductance is high and there's no impact ionization gate current. They typically run about 1-2 pA at room temperature, even dissipating 50 mW.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs