Input Stage for logic analyzer

I don't know how they did it, but a wideband high dynamic range high input impedance buffer driving the attenuator into the comparator will do it.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

Hi,

I consider to build a logic analyzer. Well, to be flexible with different logic families the probe's treshold level should be variable, e.g. some mV for 1.8V logic up to 5V for TTL, maybe 18V for CMOS (is anyone using this today?).

My first approach was using comparators like MAX964 driven by 3.3V (same as CPLD/FPGA using) and a DAC (@3.3V) with u_ref_max = 1V. Unfortunaly, this requires a voltage divider (freq. compensated).

Are there other ways to perform variable treshold level trigger even in a simpler manner? How did solve the commercial analyzer this problem found around the net, e.g.

or

Thanks and Regards, Olaf

Reply to
Olaf Petzold

"Fred Bloggs" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com...

I have an old schlumberger 7600 schematics in front of me.

The probe side is a dual JFET LTP driving the flat cable differential in current mode. On the analyzer side you have Z matching then a bipolar LPT amplifier and then ECL comparators.

Signal entry is made through a 1/2 divider and a small frequency compensation on one JFET gate, while trigger level is sent to the other gate.

I can scan those bits if you want.

--
Thanks,
Fred.

Thank you, would be nice (email is a fake, attachements allowed here?)

Do you see any way to implement something like this using ICs only? I don't want to solder a lot of JFETs etc. A 1/2 divider with some Caps may be ok. I don't want to transmit the captured signals over a line, so there is no need for ecl logic.

Thanks Olaf

Reply to
Olaf Petzold