Advice on Logic Analyzer

I am looking for a logic analyzer and wanted to get some advice. Overall would it be better to go with a device that interfaces with a PC or just a standalone device? There was an ad in Circuit Cellar from a company called Intronix that sells a 34 channel analyzer for $389!

Any advice would be appreciated!

-D

Reply to
Dutchman

I bought that Intronix device and I'm happy with it. I also bought the extra probe assembly and a bag of those micro clips, they are very handy. PC is the only way to go IMHO. After all, most "stand alone" units are running Windows these days....

Reply to
a7yvm109gf5d1

The difference being that the standalone device is still running in 15 years, whereas the PC-addon only runs as long it fits to a PC and its software.

Rene

Rene Tschaggelar

Have had one of these for about a year and a half now, and think it's great. I'd buy one again. Recommend that you download the host software and run it as a demo to get some idea of the device's capabilities.

--
Rich Webb   Norfolk, VA
Reply to

Quite a few hewlett packard model logic analyzers on eBay, picked one up for ~$30 last year. works great came with 4 pods and 200 micro-clips.

Reply to
maxfoo

I am still running an old Dolch LAM. Slow but enough for most of my stuff. Grab it by the handle, set it down where needed, flip the power switch and go. And it don't need no stinkin' PC ;-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Depends on the speed your target is running at. If it's going relatively slow this might suit your needs. We use loads of them all over the place because they're so cheap......

Gibbo

This email address isn't real.
Reply to
Gibbo

That is why people sought / bought devices that connected via standard interfaces, serial, parallel, GPIB, USB and Firewire.

--
 JosephKK
  --Schiller