Initializing a Flip-Flop on Power-up

that.

When I'm alone here, I don't want to make a pot of coffee. So I use the Senseo to make one cup. Fresh coffee everytime. A pot of coffee tastes horrible after 45 minutes, even 30 minutes is only just acceptable. So I pay more, but I also get more ;)

--
Thanks, Frank.
(remove \'q\' and \'.invalid\' when replying by email)

Hello Jim,

No, I meant chip. That's where we had to push the envelope the most, to make these chips small enough. The flex PCB was also very dense, of course, but the issue there was mostly placement. Every company that does flip chip bonding told us we are crazy. So, we designed our own flip chip bonders. That did the trick.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

Hello Rich,

That's what IC designers said as well 8-D

When I went to an IC designer for another larger chip like this, a 64 mux chip all on one die and higher voltage, he looked at my simulations and the schematic and felt it could be done on an automotive process. Then he saw the maximum dimensions we were planning on and sighed a loud "oh boy!". But, he pulled it off. "Now don't throw another one of these at me", he said afterwards.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

You assumed all the risk and the process house had no exposure... you violated their spacing rules. Wanna be my customer ?:-)

...Jim Thompson

     It\'s what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

Hello Jim,

Yep. Sometimes that's the only way to go. If it hadn't been done there would be no electronic intravascular ultrasound today, meaning there would also be no way to locally assess a Doppler kind of blood flow pattern in a coronary artery. I bet quite a few people wouldn't be alive if it hadn't been done. No idea how many cases have been successfully performed so far but it's in the high six digits.

Actually, I think I'd enjoy that :-)

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

I assume that's 3-4 hours before going to sleep? I can't get to sleep for an hour or two after even moderate exercise. A cup or two of coffee doesn't seem to matter much one way or the other.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Hello Frank,

Ok, I guess the cartridges or bags or whatever goes into such machines also cost more per ounce or gram of coffee. But now you are stuck with whatever selection they offer. With a regular coffee maker you can pick or even mix you own favorite kind of coffee. Our local stores here in the small town (pop 15,000) already offer about 20-30 different kinds of coffee beans. And I like freshly ground coffee. When it's stored already ground it doesn't taste as good.

Then there is the all-traditional method. Heat water on wood stove or barbeque, pour into ceramic coffee filter by hand. That feels especially good during a power outage when all the high-tech neighbors' machines are useless and we can still enjoy a coffee that's better than in a fancy coffee shop. With freshly made pancakes and the whole nine yards.

Did you ever do a chlorine test on it? Ours tastes ok but it shocked me when I did the test. Now it's coal-filtered and that does make a difference in coffee.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

"Joerg" schreef in bericht news:CTLJf.58374$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr11.news.prodigy.com...

There are a few different kinds of pods, but I take the 'dark roast' kind. I also adjusted the timer/pot inside the Senseo, so that it give a little bit less water than usual. BTW, there's a PIC inside. I've also seen a plastic pod-shaped filter thingy, that you can (re)fill with your own coffee - but that is probably very messy to deal with.

Such occasions call for a shot of Tia Maria in your coffee ;)

Our tap water (at least where I live) has zero chlorine and is as good or even better than bottled spring water. Filtered by the sand dunes and a minimal amount of additional processing. They only remove some of the calcium, add some oxygen I think, and continous testing of course.

--
Thanks, Frank.
(remove \'q\' and \'.invalid\' when replying by email)
Reply to
Frank Bemelman

Hello Frank,

Nah, if you are prepared even a longer power outage can leave you unfazed. You just have to barbeque just about anything that is in the freezer.

That's great. I am surprised they don't put any chlorine in. I remember that when I was young you could take a bucket of water from the Rhine river and develop monochrome Kodak film in it. No chemicals needed, all courtesy of whatever companies were upstream.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

The kind of exercise before bed is sustained 70% max heart rate, which means mildly fast breathing at 40bpm and slight perspiration level of effort, for about 3/4 hour. You can go to sleep within next 1/2 hour, get a real 7-8 hours of sleep, then do a heavy workout no sooner than 1 hour after waking, duration 1 hour, take a 15 minute rejuvenation nap, and go to work. You're good to go for the next 18 hours with little to no fatigue. This week I'll not be exercising at all so as to avoid complications due to a lumbar puncture, so my sleep is not worth #%^&*.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

I grind my coffee by hand. I use a kitchen scale to weigh 20 g of French Roast beans from Peet's. After grinding, I put the ground coffee in one of those reusable gold filters, and put the filter in one of those deals that rest right on top of the cup. There's about 4 oz of warm milk in the bottom of the cup. Then I pour the hot water into it slowly from the kettle. It's a big cup, so by the time I am done, there is probably 10 oz or more of coffee sitting mostly on top of the warm milk. The coffee in the top of the cup is almost black.

I tried paper filters, but they don't let enough sediment get through. I love to swirl the last few ounces of milk and sediment and drink it in one big gulp before the sediment can fall back down to the bottom. The paper filters deprive me of this pleasure.

On weekdays, I usually don't have time to make coffee, so I just buy a latte somewhere on the way to work.

I can't stand to drink coffee that is not absolutely fresh, although I do drink a cup or two of the coffee we have at work, typically after it has been sitting on the burner for an undetermined, but long, period.

If you can taste the chlorine in the coffee, the coffee is too weak. ;-)

Hey, I'm surprised that you don't have a well. I thought you lived out in the country somewhere in southern California.

--Mac

Reply to
Mac
[snip]
[snip]

Around here that's called sex ;-)

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

Hello Jim,

ROFL! I just knew that was coming...

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

Joerg, you've heard that they've invented a more sensitive condom?

It stays awake for an hour afterwards and talks to her and lets me roll over and go to sleep.

Jim

Reply to
RST Engineering (jw)