dropping 150 volt output to 100 for spectrum analyzer viewing

How's the best way to drop 150V to 100V which is the maximum input of my spectrum analyzer in order to view the 150 volts? I've seen a small cap used and know that a resistor can be used but does that mess with the spectrum analyzer accuracy? (frequency ranges from 10Khz-50Khz. Thanks much Emmett

Reply to
cwaugs

Resistance won\'t, capacitance will. [mess with the spectrum analyzer
accuracy]

What\'s the input impedance of your spectrum analyzer, what\'s the
impedance of your 150V source, and what does that 150V look like?
Reply to
John Fields

I wouldn't even think about inputting 100 into the spec, rather 15V. A 10:1 divider should do that nicely. What accuracy did you have in mind ? Remember 3dB is just a factor of squareroot 2 in amplitude and the spec is possibly having a dynamic range of 120dB or so.

Rene

*** Encrypt your Internet usage with a free VPN account from
http://www.SecureIX.com ***
Reply to
Rene Tschaggelar