Initializing a Flip-Flop on Power-up

[snip]

Of course. I've been designing bandgaps since BEFORE Widlar... just didn't have the sense to publish... and my first OpAmp design is still selling.

Last weeks version included a separate PTAT output used for measuring temperature of the environment that the chip is in.

...Jim Thompson

     It\'s what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

Hello Rich,

Nothing persnickety about it. An RC slope on a 4013 input is not a good idea. If it's the garage stereo and an occasional malfunction is acceptable, then ok. If it was our living room stereo my wife would not be enthused about that. "Now since you've tinkered with it last time is often doesn't....".

That would do but most likely needs some diode 'poor man's logic'. Might as well do the suggested transistor trick then, same cost.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

Had one last week. Customer verified my design on his own tool-set (non-PSpice)... came out with wrong TC... likely culprit, bad models :-(

Naaaah!

I NEVER do that.

I've done a lot of that.

...Jim Thompson

     It\'s what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

Hello Jim,

We had to, no choice there. The stuff had to go into a teeny catheter tip and still be able to generate pulse power. Just imagine: Five chips that have to be mounted on a flex circuit and rolled up into a tube that is under 1.2mm in diameter and just a few millimeters long. Oh, and each chip has over 30 reflow bump contacts and every one of them has to work, on all five of them, or the whole thing has to be booked as production scrap.

The only way to get that done is make them really small and push hard on the design rules. The good thing is that the device is disposable and usually not run more than an hour or so in a typical clinical setting. Still, in the lab we ran some for years.

Look at a penny. The section of the rolled flex with the five chips in there is about the size of the word "LIBERTY" on the coin. It multiplexes 64 elements in synthetic aperture fashion, generates the transmit pulses, amplifies the receive signals, does the T/R switching and so on.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

I quoted it, but you snipped it just to snipe at me.

Good-Bye.

Reply to
Rich Grise

Gravity usually does a pretty good job of keeping satellites in orbit. Some day we will have to go up there and de-orbit all the crap that has accumulated over the years.

--Mac

Reply to
Mac

"Joerg" schreef in bericht news:V5uJf.32588$F snipped-for-privacy@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net...

that.

Yes, coffee it is. 5 years ago Philips & DE dvelopped the Senseo coffee maker. Absolutely brilliant product, makes a perfect cup of coffee in less than 2 minutes, and the next one in less than a minute.

Thanks, Frank.
(remove \'q\' and \'.invalid\' when replying by email)
Reply to
Frank Bemelman

We got the Braun equivalent- "Tassimo" with the bar codes on the so-called pods. It's a cool concept. The espresso is not quite as good as using a real machine, but it's pretty good for how easy it is to make. I do object to the "inkjet printer" aspect, where you are stuck into buying their licensed cartridges.

My full size machine makes better espresso, automatically, and for a fraction of the cost per cup, but it's probably cost 10-20 times as much.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

As an aside here, why do web pages often have images such as the above coffee maker broken up into more than one image? The coffee maker image is split horizontally just below the cups.

Image 1:

Image 2:

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

"Spehro Pefhany" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Here in the Netherlands we can buy pods from other brands too, and these are about 30% cheaper, but have the same quality of coffee inside. But in Belgium you can only by DE brand pods.

True, but these machines require a bit more work/maintance, and take more space. I don't know how long my Senseo will last, it is two years old now, and starts to make a bit more noise, after an estimated 2500 cups of coffee. But I'd buy a new one in a heartbeat.

--
Thanks, Frank.
(remove \'q\' and \'.invalid\' when replying by email)
Reply to
Frank Bemelman

Your adrenal glands must be the size of a pea by now:-)

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

That's not _breaking_ the design rules, that's _writing new_ ones! ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

You're talking pushing the PCB design rules. I was talking CHIP.

...Jim Thompson

     It\'s what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

Senseo is crap, doesn't hold up to heavy use... plastic exposed to steam.

We now have a Keurig (K-cup) machine... pump is a little noisy, but it makes good coffee, seems mechanically sound, and I can order a multiplicity of teas and coffees from several web sources.

For Espresso I have a Krups machine.

...Jim Thompson

     It\'s what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

"Fred Bloggs" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com...

About 4 cups of the Senseo machine per day. In the evening the wife makes a pot of coffee, so there's another 2 for me. A total of 6 per day, all very reasonable.

You're not wanting me to dehydrate, I hope ;)

--
Thanks, Frank.
(remove \'q\' and \'.invalid\' when replying by email)
Reply to
Frank Bemelman

I checked the web site and they located a K-Mart 1.8 miles from me that carries the machine, and a grocery 1.0 miles away that carries the re-supply materials. Do you think it's competitive with my 12-cup Mr. Coffee?

Coffee is a diuretic so it does indeed dehydrate you. The rule is you need 8oz water intake for each cup of coffee consumed. And who on Earth drinks a pot of coffee before bed time.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

"Fred Bloggs" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com...

I think it is twice as expensive compared with a normal coffeemaker. That doesn't worry me at all.

I drink milk and juice also, and cold tap water. We have fantastic tap water here. At ~20:30 a cup of coffee and another one at ~21:00. Then some water, wine, juice, beer perhaps, depending on what is my mood. Bedtime varies between 01:00 and 02:00. Last glas of water after brushing my teeth. I sleep like a rock. Now you know everything :)

--
Thanks, Frank.
(remove \'q\' and \'.invalid\' when replying by email)
Reply to
Frank Bemelman

Addicts who don't want to wake up with a headache often have a cup or two in the hours before beddy-bye.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Sometimes if I'm slightly sluggish after arriving home in early evening, after 12 hours at work, I'll drink a cup or two before I do a hard cycle exercise for about 3/4-1 hour. This offsets the caffeine - have no problem sleeping, and wake up feeling like Superman.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

Twice as expensive and it only makes two cups at a time? Well, forget that.

You should be worried about the fact you're not worried.

Okay- I'll put that in your dossier...

Reply to
Fred Bloggs