Imagine How Bad the Pandemic Would Be on Universal Healthcare!

They probably believe a mixture of: - I'm a True Believer, so my God will protect me - and punish the Unbelievers - to get something to happen, you just have to want it enough. And if it didn't happen then you didn't want it enough. As J.L. Picard said, "make it so". - only the poor undeserving will get it; I'm not poor - it is a sinful world; it is God's will that sinners be punished - strong leadership is necessary, so I mustn't appear weak - masks are a communist plot to make us unfree sheeple - "They" are lying to us; I haven't experienced it so it doesn't exist

Other countries, in W. Europe at least, seem less prone to many of those.

Of course you can hang on, mostly at least.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

It:

"state" noun: A nation or territory considered as an organized political community under one government.

--
  Jasen.
Reply to

There are indications that it has higher fatality in asians, so I guess they're trying to get rid of those.

Reply to
Johann Klammer

You don't need universal healthcare when you live in a Christian nation.

When you elect very spiritual white Christian leaders they are actually the living representatives of Christ on Earth, and God's supreme authority and can deploy mass healing powers. Like how God is God of heaven they're kind of the gods of the material realm, so to speak. It stems from the triple-helix angel DNA that all cultural Christians are imbued with due to their direct descent from the archangel Gabriel in ancient times.

In the same way. when you have a Christian family, as a man, you are the local God of that family and basically imbued with all the same powers of Christ with respect to that area, so if your family gets ill you can apply Christ's healing power. Even bring the dead back to life if you need to.

If you would like to know more of these remarkable facts about Christian leadership and how to apply these techniques for the safety of yourself and your family, I have a new book for sale at the low price of $299.95...

Reply to
bitrex

An ineconomy of scale: that seems novel. What mechanism causes this?

superficial arguments are no better.

--
  Jasen.
Reply to

.

Fred won't know. My guess is that the US medical system isn't wildly differ ent from that in other advanced industrial countries, and the extra costs i n the US are driven by the unrestrained rapacity of the medical sector, ba cked up by an equally rapacious medical insurance business.

When some Canadian economists looked into it, they decided that most of the extra expense in the US health system was in administrative costs.

Working out whether a particular treatment for a particular patient was cov ered by their insurance did seem to require a fairly extensive bureaucracy in the insurance companies paying the money and the hospitals spending it.

There's also the point that medical malpractice suits are big business in t he US - if your treatment doesn't go well you can always sue the doctor (wh ich is to say their medical malpractice insurance company) and you can find a lawyer to do it on a contingency basis - which means they only get paid if they win, and they get about half of the damages won . Back in the late

1970s about half what you paid to a US doctor went to cover his malpractice insurance premium.

Some states did set up "no fault" legislation, but the malpractice lawyers didn't like the idea.

Too true.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

.

I think he is trying to describe a structure where as it gets larger requir es more and more overhead without acknowledging this added overhead gets sm aller and smaller as you look at higher levels of the hierarchy. It's simi lar to a power series where the coefficient gets smaller as the power gets larger.

He is being emotional rather than logical.

Not uncommon in this group.

--

  Rick C.

  ++ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
  ++ Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209
Reply to
Ricketty C

Layers of hierarchy does it. Why is an employer/series of employers in the chain of custody for healthcare? Why is an insurer in the chain of custody for healthcare? An individual cannot either chose his insurer, nor choose his plan, and cannot change it (the insurer is accountable to the employer, not the patient).

So, a government agency is created to make standards for healthcare, and has an occasional need to argue at the Supreme Court about those standards, and neither the doctor nor the patient is represented at those meetings.

If you cut out the parts that neither benefit the healers nor the healed, how long would that chain of custody be?

Reply to
whit3rd

It would look a lot like Kaiser or the Mayo Clinic, but they made it illegal to start any more of those.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Getting the Obamacare bill passed meant greasing a lot of palms - that's the US legislative process for you - and one of the bribes to the medical insurance business was the clause that cut out their most effective and efficient competitors.

It could be seen as giving the medical insurance business enough rope to let them hang themselves, but they haven't turned blue in the face yet.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

ale

?

in the chain

y for healthcare?

and

patient).

and

dards,

gs.

led, how long would that chain of custody be?

the US legislative process for you - and one of the bribes to the medical i nsurance business was the clause that cut out their most effective and effi cient competitors.

let them hang themselves, but they haven't turned blue in the face yet.

The palm greasing is the part that will have the biggest impact on any sort of universal health care in the US. As far as I can tell the insurance co mpanies will be the big losers, so they will likely be the biggest opponent s and require the biggest greasing. They are not in the business of admini strating health care, so they can't do that. What could they be offered th at will get them to support the idea?

If there is enough public support for the idea the insurance companies won' t be needed. But this country can't seem to agree on wearing masks during a pandemic.

Here's a report from Switzerland, they require masks be worn on trains. Se e, some countries get it.

--

  Rick C.

  --- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
  --- Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209
Reply to
Ricketty C

There is a single figure that tells it all about how well an economy functions for its citizens: child mortality rate. No amount of smoke and mirrors can obfuscate that.

Groetjes Albert

--
This is the first day of the end of your life.
It may not kill you, but it does make your weaker.