Global 54 HCQ studies. 40 show high effectiveness, while late treatment shows mixed results.

The countries that used this drug with their regime of treatments, statistically correlated with about an order of magnitude lower rates than countries who rejected it.

54 studies with 100% results if used to reduce risks or if infected and used early all prevented death. Still not a gold standard test but certainly favourable to outcomes and low cost.

The studies that failed appear to be bad guesses and failed, either being used too late or too high a dose or used CQ instead of HCQ.

Dr. Zalenski reported it had to be started within 7 days of infection or earlier.

Reply to
Tony Stewart

Yes, it can help somewhat.

As I understand, it needs to be used WITH zinc to be significantly effective. Even then though, it's not a cureall. And can have bad side effects if not careful.

Reply to
boB

There seems to be a Catch-22 and HCQ is no longer permitted in the Standard of Care in both USA and Canada for prophylactic treatment (prevention of worse symptoms) USA has 32 million pills stockpiled and Canada has similar large numbers.

Evidently, I found that the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA) with ties to Big Pharma requested FDA to disapprove emergency use of HCQ, then Association of American Physicians and Surgeons (AAPS) has filed a lawsuit against the heads of the FDA, HHS and the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA) over what they call ?irrational interference? to limit the use of hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) for treating COVID-19 patients.

The negative studies were biased to fail or too late. also yesterday

Whitehouse now urges FDA to reconsider.

Tony Stewart

nd

or

e use of

"The AAPS, a non-profit organization based in Tucson, Arizona, has a ? ?few thousand? members, according to executive director Jane Orie nt. It opposes mandatory vaccination, previously waged a campaign against h ealthcare reforms introduced by former President Barack Obama, and has been pushing back against state restrictions on use of hydroxychloroquine as a preventive therapy for the coronavirus."

The AAPS is highly politicized group, not science based at all, and has a h istory of being wrong about everything.

ns

The judges will probably dismiss their flimsy case on summary judgment.

They're just another bunch of parasites looking to fleece donors. There's s o much of that going on these days.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Yep. I only heard about the positive study (studies ?) on the MEDCRAM YouTube channe. Early on in the pandemic, he shows why HCQ "should" work and did some followups of some of the studies including the positive one(s). But it included the addition of zinc at least which would make sense.

But, it wasn't a cure-all... Helped early on in reducing hospital stays. I'm betting we don't hear any more about this.

Best to just try and not get the virus if possible.

Reply to
boB