--
  Keith
Reply to
krw

That'll be a very strange diet !

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

I have a big-arse GMC Suburban diesel that runs on waste vegetable oil. I scored about 50 gallons of grease from one dinky little restaurant in Rutland the other day... Of course, I have to filter it before using. Just today I put a 55 gallon steel drum in the back of the truck to hold oil for long trips. There's a smaller 13 gallon tank with heating coils that carry engine coolant to heat the oil so it's viscosity is similar to that of diesel fuel.

Reply to
kell

But don't you just love leftist weenie plans which defy the laws of Physics ?:-)

...Jim Thompson

Bet his truck smells of Freedom Fries.

Cheers,

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Its now french fries, again, been approved by somebody over there.

Did they call condoms freedom letters?

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

Prestige Vodka 40% ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich, but drunk

[snip]

Are you paying the appropriate rate of motor vehicle tax on that?

I just love the Peoples Republic of Washington. Not too long ago, they pointed out that all of these hybrid vehicles were going to get such good mileage that they wouldn't be paying 'enough' in taxes. So maybe we need an additional tax on efficient vehicles.

SHIFT TO THE LEFT!  SHIFT TO THE RIGHT!
POP UP, PUSH DOWN, BYTE, BYTE, BYTE!
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

You mean like the "Star Wars" SDI?

Reply to
kell

As ol' JT would say, BWAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
kell

Electric vehicles are much less efficient as the electricity is mostly generated from fossile fuels.

$75 for a barrel is still very cheap.

And where are you going to grow your food?

Hybrids are only more efficient in town driving (or gridlocked freeways).

Many (all?) counties use fuel taxes to pay for roads, using "tax free" electricity would be a problem.

Ford, Honda and

The only real way to lower your fuel costs is to drive less,you'll also improve your health and general weelbieng at the same time.

Your current government are all oilmen, why would they want to do anything?

Reply to
cbarn24050

Interesting typo ! I'll go and look for some fissils.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

How does SDI defy the laws of physics. Large engineering issues sure, but no physics violated, at least I remember.

--
  Keith
Reply to

"Eeyore" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@REMOVETHIS.hotmail.com...

G. Gordon Liddy used to pronounce fossil with the 'ile' ending. Made me laugh. And I was somewhat of a fan. Regards, Tom

Reply to
t.hoehler

It'll never work. Or is plain old common sense too drab? Laws of physics, feh.

Reply to
kell

So, you're in a habit of lying. Gotcha.

--
  Keith
Reply to

Two cowboys are about to have the traditional shootout at high noon on main street. One is wearing a black hat, the other is wearing a white hat. The white hat thinks, "Okay, I'm wearing a white hat so I have to let him shoot first. But I'll shoot his bullets out of the air. It doesn't contradict any of the laws of physics, so it must be possible." So they're standing there in the dust under the hot sun, the black hat draws his gun first, and shoots the white hat dead. Gotcha.

Reply to
kell

But if Black Hat launches an intercontinental ballistic missile, and White Hat has an airborne laser,

then he can shoot down the missile while it's in boost phase.

In fact, I'm currently working on tooling for the components of the ABL, and it's OK, even though I'm a pacifist, because it is the only weapon ever devised so far that can _ONLY_ be used for defense. The laser is useless below about 30,000 feet because of atmospheric scatter.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

In article , Rich Grise wrote: [...]

... or maybe not. He has to put enough heat into a small area on the rocket to damage it. This requires some darn good shooting. Doubly so if the target is spinning, because you have to get it all into one punch.

[...]

It could be used to shoot down someone's aircraft, so it isn't perfectly a defensive weapon.

kensmith@rahul.net   forging knowledge
Reply to
Ken Smith

It works. gotcha.