I want one of these

RST Engineering (jw)

I'd like one of these:

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

It is a really nice CNC mill, but i don't wish to rearrange my life as needed to keep it busy enough to pay for itself. I couldn't possibly afford one otherwise.

--
 JosephKK
  --Schiller

I have seen one of those in real life, and i can assure you they are just as impressive, if not more. I dont think you can acutally guage the performance until you actually see how fast these machines run in wild.

Reply to
The Real Andy

Spehro Pefhany a écrit :

And that one? I didn't even thought that was possible.

Thanks,
Fred.
Reply to
Fred Bartoli

Cool. Here's a short video of how it works:

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

ation&hl=en

Amazing machines. The engine blocks are impressive!

I knew it was possible, I just didn't know if it was done. AC servo drive motors are amazing!

We have machines that do this: Note that the camera has little chance to keep up and therefore the video is badly aliased.

Jeff L

"RST Engineering \\(jw\\)" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.supernews.com:

Tim Allen would have been the perfect narrator for this. In fact, the guy doing the talking reminds me of him...

--Damon

Reply to
Damon Hill

Spehro Pefhany wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I watched several of these demo videos. Wow. Wonder what the rotation rate of the cutting tools are to achieve that rate of metal removal? Bet it won't run nearly as fast with tool steel or titanium, but still...

For the amount of repetative movement in multiple axes, the precision is amazing. The neatest trick was cutting flat faces while the work piece and cutting tool were both rotating. I'd expect the deforming of the cutting tools while moving that fast must affect accuracy, too.

--Damon

Reply to
Damon Hill

Pretty much as i had figured from the video. It could not help but wow a marketing type or most managers.

--
 JosephKK
  --Schiller