AN: New Law in Effect Today

New Law in Effect Today in Arizona:

It is now unlawful to have sex with a sheep ;-)

...Jim Thompson

There is a new speeding law going into effect in Florida: If you are clocked at 30 or more miles per hour over the posted speed limt, you have to appear in court, and bring a lawyer. If you are a no show, you are arrested and jailed.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

That's called "Felony Speed" here in AZ.

The cop who stopped me last Spring gave me a ticket for 1MPH under...

79MPH, probably because he didn't want to bother running me in ;-)

...Jim Thompson

In IL it's a mandatory ticket (state law) for going 10 over, 20 over and you're under arrest. TX seems to think that 10 over is expected, 20 over is commonplace. I see people going at least 30 over all the time (as I pass them on my Sporty). ;-)

Reply to
Anthony Fremont

I'm not entirely sure of how it works here in Oregon.. I think the fine goes up,according to how much over the posted speed you were going. If you're twice the speed limit or more,it's an automatic Impound and Booking.

Reply to
PhattyMo

prudes

Reply to
tempus fugit

I was told that it can depend on where your license plate is from and that they aren't too fond of Caleefohneeyans.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

"Jim Thompson" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Why? Are there any sheep over sixteen years old over there? Or is it allowed to have sex with minors under sixteen (but not with sheep anymore)?

petrus bitbyter

Reply to
petrus bitbyter

Back in Michigan, it was "either 30 MPH above what's posted, or more than more than double the posted limit = felony reckless driving", and resulted in instant impound, your license clipped, a nice shiney pair of bracelets, and a ride in the back of officer Friendly's spiffy car with the flasng lights on top, with a free stay at the local crossbar hotel followed by a conference with the guy in the black robes, and possibly anywhere from 1-3 years in prison.

The killer was the "or more than double the posted limit" part. You could (and I know of at least one person who did - My little brother - he did 17 months) catch a "felony reckless" rap for doing 20 around a curve that was yellowpegged for 10 MPH... (never mind that in Michigan, yellowpeg speed limits are (or at least were - may have changed since I bailed out of there several years back) *SPECIFICALLY* stated to be "advisory only", and mainly intended for top-heavy or otherwise "unstable" vehicles like semis.)

--
Don Bruder - dakidd@sonic.net - If your "From:" address isn\'t on my whitelist,
or the subject of the message doesn\'t contain the exact text "PopperAndShadow"

In Britain there's a long standing tradition of taunting the Welsh about sheep shagging, one of my monitor repair customers just happens to be Welsh - when I told him about the radio story on a souvenir shop just inside the Welsh border selling blow up rubber sheep he did his nut!!!

Reply to
ian field

does it include inflatables ?

colin

That's OK then.

One is never enough.

DNA

Reply to
Genome

I have been known to double the "double nickel" ;-)

...Jim Thompson

One of Mesa Arizona's finest firemen was caught humping a neighbor kid's ewe ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Lucky he wasn't humping ewe!

Reply to
ian field

I once got a ticket in Nevada for going 70 in a 55. Ticket was $15.

greg

Reply to
GregS

How about porking a pig?

Reply to
ian field

Was it on fire at the time?

--
.
.

Sheep after you?

Luhan ;)

Reply to
Luhan

My 280ZX just purred at 110MPH ;-)

BTW, Did you know, if you decelerate fast enough, police radar does not work?

I slid by a DPS officer one time, trailing blue smoke. When he pulled me over I claimed I was trying to miss a coyote. He said I was speeding. I said show me the radar reading. It showed ZERO. He was pissed, but gave me an "energy" ticket anyway, $5 ;-)

...Jim Thompson