I Paid My taxes!

So, now you are jealous and the government is to blame? You are the stupid one for letting a 29 year old "kid" live with you and pay nothing, eating your food and sucking. You really do have s*1t for brains.

John

Reply to
John - KD5YI

You didn't SAY it dumb-ass. You intentionally implied it, and everyone on the group noticed. You really don't have a brain, do you?

Reply to
John - KD5YI

show me where I said retired people are free loaders?

And no, the above childish edited post does not count.

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

You're AlwaysWrong.

Reply to
krw

Mine finally moved out when he was 22 (ten years ago). When he wasn't in school he was paying us rent. No freebies.

A statement of the obvious.

Reply to
krw

Maybe some are! Didn't Jim tell us he had collected more in SS and Medicare than he paid in? What's your definition of free loaders? Mikek

Reply to
amdx

I did not. Have to go back and check my numbers, but, IIRC, it takes about 8-9 years into it to "break even"... you get back (in dollars) exactly what you put in over the past 45 years. So with inflation you've still lost value. You _never_ have any earnings like you would in a true investment.

...Jim Thompson

And of course, when with the 'stimulus' they decided to reduce the payroll taxes, they reduced the employee's side of it, not the employer's. After all, the employees have more votes, even if to truly stimulate the economy you would make it more affordable for the employer to hire more workers...

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie E.

Ah, got your attention, I haven't looked back to see, but it seems you gave some numbers then came in a second post a little braggadocios, about how your did better than that, cause we paid for your new knee.

Ok, I went and found your post,

Then you came back with,

...Jim Thompson

It's ok Jim, I understand you like tweak the weenies now and then. I still love you, but not as much as I used to. :-) MikeK

PS. I think my memory is starting to work better, maybe the 70's are wearing off.

Reply to
amdx

OK, My off-the-top-of-my-head (should have looked it up) estimate of

8-9 years was 5.5 years in my case.

How much would I have if I'd been able to invest it?

You "paid" for my new _hip_ ;-) ...Jim Thompson

Might be because I paid max in those last quarters before "retiring". You might want to run your own numbers. You can count on being screwed. ...Jim Thompson

There you go again! Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Your prior post said "knee". That's next. I'll soon be the bionic man ;-) ...Jim Thompson

I don't think they do that anymore, someone let us know.

I'm 56, the talk seems to be that I'll slip through with better benefits than those younger, however, I'm not sure there will be an adult decision made till it's to late for the country. I think I already benefited, my dad was disabled at about 47 yrs old, and I didn't have to support him. So I think I'm way ahead. Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Oh, yes I did notice my error on the knee/hip discrepancy, but I ignored it. And yes I thought you were bragging again about us paying for your new _hip. I hope we're clear now :-) Now go have some fine wine, it's after 5 here. Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Free Loaders: Those that refuse to work, find excuses why they can't work, slip and fall down on your property and end up suing you and the list goes on.

On top of that, they get welfare with one name and SS# while scamming the local government for extra things like debit cards, Cell phones, food stamps, etc.. Yes, we have a lot of them around here.

Then there is the illegals that get the same thing plus deal drugs, fill up our jails and emergency rooms.

All that on us.. How's that make you feel ?

Paying for retiree's does not bother me only if I am paying for the ones that actually worked and contributed to our society instead of being a blood sucker.

Out of all that, there are some people that deserve to be taken care by the system. These are the ones that are not able to fend for themselves and this is where the system should be used.

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

You didn't note that I'm on the wagon? Some unusual colon pain provoked a colonoscopy. Accompanying blood tests showed enlarged red blood cells. I can't drink for 8-weeks, so the doc's can discern whether it's an alcohol issue or a B-12 deficiency or blood cancer or some other wonderful thing :-( ...Jim Thompson

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Income tax isn't part of the payroll tax.

If you're both self-employed and employed by another, you can have them pay the half and you pay nothing (assuming you make the ~100K threshold). Hmm, I wonder how the "employer" half of the self-employment tax works. When I took this job I'd already paid off SS for the year and got a "refund" (applied to my tax liability) for all SS withholding at my new job. I can't imagine how the new employer could have known (they must have paid the entire amount).

Best idea is to be a legislator.

Reply to
krw

The system should be used to bloody the nose of complete idiots like you, and make YOU pay for the education you need to know just what it was that is so wrong about the stupid shit you just said.

That doesn't even mention the 'list' you posted previously, which/where you seemed to lump a number of folks in this 'freeloader' class you have established.

Could always send them down to the new SUPERBRICK factory, down by the border, where they can WORK for a living, and get a new education to use back here in the real world, all the while helping make nice SUPERBRICKS for the new PRISONS and new BORDER WALL.

Reply to
Bart!

You ought to re-read that after you sober up a bit.

tm

Reply to
tm